Importing Facebook Event Ticketing Link

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Importing Facebook Event Ticketing Link

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Britton
    Participant

It appears that the Facebook Event Importer does not import the ticketing link set on the Facebook Event. Is that correct? Is there a work-around for this?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi webgrain,

Could you provide a link to the Facebook event in question so I could test it out? The links that are imported are the links back to Facebook. Is the ticketing link on Facebook part of the event description? I guess without a link to your site and/or the Facebook event I’m not quite sure what’s going on.

– Julie

Nicholas Britton
    Participant

Sure. Here’s the event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/259507490873598/

We are trying to import the “Get Tickets” link.

Thanks!

– Josh

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Josh,

That’s not something our Facebook Importer is currently designed to do. It would be a cool feature to add though if you’d like to leave it over at our Feature Ideas page (https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas).

I’m sorry we’re not able to meet this need at the present time. It might be possible with customization if that’s something you’re up to doing.

– Julie

Dana
    Participant

That is unbelievable that this plug in does not support the importation of the “get tickets” link. It is vital event information and defeats the purpose of this plug in. Very disappointing.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Dana,

I’m sorry if you thought that the Facebook Importer would be able to bring in the ticketing function. Is there anything that we did that suggested it would? We do our best to not mislead people, so if there’s something you saw that made you think it would do that, could you point me to it so we can get it corrected?

— Julie

Dana
    Participant

Hi Julie, Thank you for your reply. The plug in description says “Imported events are manually or automagically created as entries in The Events Calendar. Basic event data along with venue & organizer are populated appropriately. No more entering information in two places.”

The get tickets link is important event info. And if it doesn’t pull the info to get tickets, then I still have to enter information in two places.

The plug in is very slick, but it doesn’t seem like I’m the only person who is surprised that it lacks this function.

Thank you.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Dana,

There’s no mention of the event link in the text you mentioned, so maybe we should be more explicit in our wording. Thanks for that feedback. We’ll see about getting it cleared up.

— Julie

Dana
    Participant

I’d prefer an update that includes the functionality of importing the ticket link. Like It doesn’t seem like I’m the only one who is surprised that it doesn’t do this. Thanks for your reply.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Facebook Event Ticketing Link’ is closed to new replies.