Importing events that don't exist

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Importing events that don't exist

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Wirick
    Participant

I’m having some issues with a site that is currently importing 6 feeds from Google calendars. So I setup a test site to see if I could isolate the issue. I think I worked out the time issue (probably related to time zone), but on the test site, the calendar imported an event that doesn’t exist in the Google Calendar.

Kyle Wirick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’ll help you with this issue.

I find this issue a bit weird, what I think might happened is that this event was in the calendar when it was imported and then was deleted from the Google Calendar. When that happens the event doesn’t get deleted in the WordPress site. Do you think this might explain the issue?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Kyle Wirick
    Participant

I wish that were the case, but this was a brand new WP installation and a brand new import. Not more than 30 minutes elapsed between the import and the client seeing the duplication. And I had them stop working on the calendars during that time. I’ve searched the original Google calendar for the ghost event language but get no results.

Nico

Thanks for following up Kyle!

Again I find this really weird as ‘Donald Davis Storytelling Center’ and ‘Donald David Storytelling Concert’ even have different titles, so I’m not sure how could that happen. Also I haven’t seen any reports on this behavior, and couldn’t find it logged in our bugs backlog.

Can you please send me the feed and I’ll try to import it and see if I stumble upon the same duplication issue.

Thanks,
    Nico

Kyle Wirick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Thanks for following up Kyle!

I got these events as a result of the import: https://cloudup.com/cu0FqsZc89J – I could verify the three of them are present in the ics feed you sent. Not sure why you are not seeing those in the Google Calendar, Can you check on that?

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing events that don't exist’ is closed to new replies.