Importing Events from CSV File – All Events Not Importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Importing Events from CSV File – All Events Not Importing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ariddlelfcc
    Participant

Hi. I am trying to import events to our college website calendar using your plugin and a CSV file. I have attached the file I am referencing.

When I run the import for the CSV file it appears to work fine and states the import was successful. However, not all of the classes are imported. For instance, if you look at the CSV file, there are three versions of the “Basic Welding” class event we are offering. However, upon the import, only one is generated for the last version on April 16, 2017.

Here is our website calendar: http://lfcc.edu/events

We have run these event imports before with no issue, so I’m unsure if anything has changed in a plugin update or what not. Thank you in advance for your help!

Barry

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against some difficulties.

Unfortunately, I seem unable to replicate this even if I use the data you supplied. In your CSV, I see three events all with the same name (“Basic Welding”) and they are marked as taking place on the following dates:

• 4/16/18
    • 1/20/18
    • 1/8/18

After import I end up with three events of that name on dates matching those I listed above, so there’s no problem I can see there. Is it possible that you previously deleted two of those events (if you visit the main events list in the admin environment, do you see an ‘Ignored’ tab next to “Published’, ‘Draft’, etc)?

Let me know what you find — I’ll be happy to explore this further with you 🙂

ariddlelfcc
    Participant

Hi. When you ran the import, did it import all 441 events? When I do so, it only imports 359 of the 441, failing to import several instances of the same event (such as the Basic Welding example previous cited). You can see on the import history that only 359 events were imported:

webscreenshot.GtJ3gEGR.

Also there is no “Ignored” tab, so I’m not sure why nearly 100 events in the spreadsheet are not importing.

Barry

That’s not quite the same as I experience (though I don’t get all 441 importing, either, but it comes close):

438 events imported successfully from the CSV file

Also there is no “Ignored” tab, so I’m not sure why nearly 100 events in the spreadsheet are not importing.

OK, don’t worry about the ignored tab in that case as if you are not seeing it, no events have been ignored as yet. I’m unsure why 100 events are not importing for you, though. Do you have or can you create a clean test site and see if the same issue occurs there, too?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Events from CSV File – All Events Not Importing’ is closed to new replies.