Help Desk

Importing events from another website using The Events Calendar

Hi,

We are redeveloping our church website, and need to understand the functionality of the events management protocol we’re choosing. We’re planning to use Avada theme on WordPress. We also have a community center associated with our church (and housed in our church), which has a separate website. Your Events Aggregator seems like it might fill the need we have.

We are looking for one place where our site manager can add all events (and officially assign a room for them), but be able to publish events on BOTH websites, including tags, categories and other associated data.

My specific question is this: Does the Events Aggregator function such that it can import the events FROM our main (church) website, INTO our community center website, and preserve all the data, including tags and categories? Would it also pull in images associated with that event?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Jeff Vamos

Hi Jeffrey

Event Aggregator does sound like it will meet your needs. It can import events from any other website running The Events Calendar 4.5 or newer using the “Other URL” import option. It will preserve all the data.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Two quick additional questions:

• Just to be sure – it can also import the featured image, i.e. from site one to site two?
    • Is there a way then to display only one category in a calendar’s default view (i.e. so that only the “church” events display on the church calendar and the “community center” events display on that site)? Fine if people want to do other things with the filter – but just so that’s the default view they initially see?

Thank you!!

Jeff V.

Hi Jeffrey

Yes, it will import featured images.

It doesn’t work exactly like you might envision for categories. For that, I’d suggest using shortcodes. We do offer Calendar View Shortcodes and Widget Shortcodes with Events Calendar Pro. These shortcodes can be filtered to only display the category that you want.

The other method would be to set a menu link to the sorted category. https://wpshindig.com/events/category/wp-meetups/ is an example on our demo site of all events within a category. That link could be added to your navigation menu instead of going to just /events if you prefer.

Does that help?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Yes! Thank you! We have a developer who could, I think, work the short-codes for us….

But – the one question remaining. We will definitely need the functionality of the bundle that has the Pro and aggregator/filter features. But will we need to buy one for each of the two websites (thus necessitating the business license for up to 3 sites)? Do you have a non-profit discount perchance?

Thanks!

Hi Jeffrey

You can apply for our non-profit discount by completing the form at https://theeventscalendar.com/apply-for-npp.

⚠️Please Note: Licenses granted through this program do not include access to support. 
    If you need in-depth support, 
    please consider purchasing a regular license.

You would want to set one site as your main site to add events, and the other to import those events. This will spare you an infinite loop of events being created.

With Event Aggregator, you can install your license on up to 10 sites. We count the imports for your daily limit vs. number of sites it is used on. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregators-import-limits-work/

For Event Calendar Pro, it looks like a business license would be needed. Our non-profit program uses just a personal license. You can continue applying and see if we offer a solution that might work for you.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Importing events from another website using The Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.