Importing Events and WPML website…

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Importing Events and WPML website…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carsten
    Participant

Hi,

we are running a website using WPML to serve the website in 4 different languages. So far so good….

What really gives us trouble is importing events and make them available in all languages. We have created different Calendar URLs for each language. If we manually go into the backend, change the language to e.g. french and then run the import of the french calendar everything works fine. Those imported events are created with “French” as their language and are then displayed on the french events page. If I switch the language in the admin backend to english, then manually run the import of the english calendar, this also works fine.

BUT….this does not work when running scheduled imports, because the scheduler does no change the language and leave it to the default.

What are your plans on supporting WPML in the future?

Any chance you can add a field in the import settings which allows to set the language of the import. That would be perfect.

Or any idea how I can tweak this in the importer code? I can easily identify the language used based on the URL parameter. So if there a chance to add a filter that runs before the importer Starts, so that I can change the default language?

I really need to find a solution for this problem. We never apply any changes to the events via the WP backend. All changes are done in the calendar…

Thanks, Carsten

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Carsten,

Thanks for getting in touch!

WOW! What a great suggestion! This is exciting!

We do want to increase our compatibility with WPML in general. At the moment I don’t know what the plans are for Event Aggregator and if it could be hacked to add this feature.

Please give me some time to ask around and gather some info on this and I’ll get back to you. It might take a couple of days, so please hang in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Carsten
    Participant

Hi Andras,

another option would be that you have checkboxes where you can simply select in which language(s) the import should be created. This would also allow to select multiple languages.

Could you help me to find the file where the actual Event is created?

Or are there any filter I could stick to and apply the language?

Thanks…

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Carsten,

I got the following info from a developer:

The event creation happens here:

https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/blob/3c0353a844b73a37a303aa4c080f3a6060c5d602/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Abstract.php#L1193

Adding checkboxes and UI is always more cumbersome than adding a filter.

I would add an action at the beginning of that method that provides information about the context, and then the user could just look up the details and set the WPML language.

He might cook this up, but that is surely going to take some time.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Events and WPML website…’ is closed to new replies.