Importing Eventbrite event as an Author

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Importing Eventbrite event as an Author

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Josh.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    quantafire
    Participant

I am able to display the “Import: Eventbrite” tab as an Author. That part is fine. For some reason however, I am unable to actually import an Eventbrite event. I have a list of users who are going to be importing events from Eventbrite themselves. However, when I try to import ANY Eventbrite number as a an Author, it doesn’t work.

I have the wp-types.com Types and Access plugins and am trying to figure out what access permissions to allow us to import as an Author. Is this something related to permissions as an Author for Events, Venues or Organizers? Or all 3?

Please help, I would love to get this functionality working for my users, thanks!

quantafire
    Participant

I forgot to mention that the error message I get is “We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.” whenever I try to import it.

Josh
    Participant

Hey quantafire,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

To use the import, users would need to have the “publish_tribe_events” capability added at their user level. Ensure that the users have this capability and let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

quantafire
    Participant

Tried this. It brings back the same error unfortunately.

I’ve tried this a few different ways with the plugin and can’t seem to get it to work. It looks like that particular feature was actually already set up to work for the Author level. I used “Access” to turn on Publish for that particular post-type and when I dug deeper I found the “publish_tribe_events” function was already enabled.

Anything else I can try?

Josh
    Participant

Hey quantafire,

I did some testing and I believe I found the issue here. Currently, our Eventbrite Tickets plugin utilizes the 1.0 version of their API. With that an API key is added to the User profile. In this case, if that specific user trying to import an event doesn’t have an API key added to their profile, it will fail to import.

However, we are very shortly going to be releasing an update to the Eventbrite Tickets plugin that should prevent this from happening. We’ll be utilizing the new App Key method that will be applied to the entire site rather than directly to the user.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

quantafire
    Participant

It works!

Thanks, Josh! That’s amazing! Glad you guys will have an easier fix for the future 🙂 Thank God I only have 10 authors and not 1000 haha

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Awesome! I’m glad we were able to get this sorted out!

I’ll go ahead close this thread. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Eventbrite event as an Author’ is closed to new replies.