Importing duplicate events from facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Importing duplicate events from facebook

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jskk123.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jskk123
    Participant

Started with last update. I’m afraid to Hide & Ignore since that has hidden BOTH the event on the calendar as well as the duplicate in the past, when duplicates appeared like this.

I long for the day when updates no longer cause additional bugs.

I’ll provide some FB urls that are duplicating events for me. It happens with single events & events that take place on multiple days.
    i’m also getting this error now probably because it’s importing the same stuff over & over.
    “The daily limit of 100 import requests to the Event Aggregator service has been reached. Please try again later.”
    FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by jskk123. Reason: ADDED MORE DETAILS ON THE ISSUE
    jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Janelle,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Are these events recurring events?  I ask because we are currently working on a bug related to recurring Facebook events and if so, this could be related to that issue?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual? Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

jskk123
    Participant

yes! this is happening with recurring events. Please fix asap. I have many recurring events that have imported MULTIPLE times, it’s awful and is making the calendar a mess. So many problems with this plugin… 🙁

here are links to a couple:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/179208719354300
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1929424284040491

As always… Anxiously awaiting a fix. thanks.

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for providing me with that information.  Unfortunately I can confirm that this is related to a known issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.

They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Janelle!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing duplicate events from facebook’ is closed to new replies.