Importing Attendees

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Importing Attendees

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

I’ve noted from other Forum posts that there is no existing way to import attendees into ticketed events. The suggestion I saw was to add the attendees manually via Woocommerce orders.

My client needs to be able to transfer spreadsheet data of attendees who never registered online into the attendee list for events. From the prior responses, it seemed the easiest way to do that would be use the Woocommerce Order Import extension, so I purchased the extension and set up the import. It DOES work to create the order, and the ticket stock for the event IS updated, but the ticket itself isn’t created and the attendee list for the event isn’t updated.

The Woocommerce Import tool allows a field for meta… is there meta I can load into the imported row that will apply the ticketing and attendee functionality?

Nico

Hi there Phil,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this! I’ll try to help you out…

Are the imported orders marked as completed? Also not sure about this:

…the ticket stock for the event IS updated, but the ticket itself isn’t created…

I’m not sure about this. Can you clarify a bit?

Also, If you create an order manually does this process works as expected?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Phil
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me, Nico!

The import tool allows me to set the order as pending or complete. I haven’t tried the process with “pending”, only with “complete”, as I thought that made more sense… would you recommend I set the imported orders to “pending”?

The ticket/stock reference was in relation to the visible information I can see in the interface: in the specific example, the ticket available stock was set at “30”; after importing the order, the available stock reduced to “29”. But that was the end of the “ticket”-related output from the plugin — no email containing the ticket code was generated and sent the purchaser, and no “attendee” was added to the attendee list for the event.

When I create the order manually, the process DOES work. I’m assuming there’s some key piece of data I need to pass via the order import that triggers actions… some data other than just the product_id, quantity, and customer details… which will then complete the ticketing process.

Nico

Hey Phil,

Thanks for following-up on this!

Make sense to mark them to be imported as completed, but can you try to do so as pending and then completing then manually? I guess you are right and seems that importing it as complete is not the same as doing so manually, hopefully this test will help us prove this theory!

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Phil
    Participant

It worked! For anyone who has this same issue, follow these steps:

1. Use the Woocommerce Customers/Orders Import Suite
    2. Set the imported orders as “pending” on the CSV you’re importing
    3. After the import, go to Woocommerce > Orders, and simply complete all the new orders you’ve added

It literally takes seconds. Much much faster than manually adding all the orders from the admin or the front end.

Nico

Hey Phil,

So glad this worked 🙂 Thanks for summing up the process hope many folks can benefit from this as well!

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Attendees’ is closed to new replies.