Importing a CSV file

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Importing a CSV file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fred Mays

As I collect events data, I want to enter it into an Excel file then import the Excel CSV file into Calendar Pro. How do I construct the Excel file?…what title headers do I use?…what sequence? Any help would be appreciated.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Fred,

Thanks for reaching out. I can definitely help answer that.

First of all have you seen our guide for the CSV importer (click here)? It is helpful for outlining certain things like the best format to use for dates and how to specify boolean values such as Yes/No. Further, there are three types of CSV files. Organizers, for event organizers, venues, for the places events take place at, and finally the obvious one “events”. If you already have input your venues and organizers then you can skip those two. But if you haven’t yet, it makes sense to do those before the events that way you can set the event to use them.

You can put anything you want in the header title in your CSV file. When you import it asks you to match up your custom titles with with the event data field. However, this is what I typically put in for header titles as these will directly match each header field. Here is the first line of a CSV containing events:

Event Name,Event Description,Event Start Date,Event Start Time,Event End Date,Event End Time,All Day Event,Event Venue Name,Event Organizer Name,Event Show Map Link,Event Show Map,Event Cost,Event Phone,Event Category,Event Website

Organizer:

Organizer Name,Organizer Email,Organizer Website,Organizer Phone

Venue:

Venue Name,Venue Country,Venue Address,Venue Address 2,Venue City,Venue State/Province,Venue Zip,Venue Phone

Does that all make sense? Does that answer your questions?

Cheers!

– Brook

Fred Mays

Thanks Brook, your instructions and the Knowledgebase guide are a big help. I’ll work on it.

Brook
    Participant

Awesome! Happy to hear it. 🙂 Thanks for reporting back, Fred.

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing a CSV file’ is closed to new replies.