Imported events show wrong dates and times

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Imported events show wrong dates and times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Referring back to this thread:
    The posted times in the screenshot of the threat was in fact the incorrect times, so you were able to duplicate my error.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/imported-events-show-wrong-time-and-date/?action=answer&reply_id=1373630&check=03eeb97e095044f1f70e490e72e4d257#dl_post-1373630

I went to Events>settings>General>Timezones “use sitewide”. I am in the Los Angeles timezone and so are these events that I’m importing.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching back out!

Can you also check your timezone settings for WordPress?  You can do this by going to Settings < General.  Let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jason
    Participant

Jaime, the timezone for my site in question is Pacific Standard Time, as is the import source.

When I look at the ICS file, I can see dates such as:
    DTSTART:20171129T213000Z
    DTEND:20171129T223000Z

The file: http://nt-evanced.ccclib.org/evanced/lib/eventsxml.asp?ag=&et=&lib=18&nd=30&feedtitle=Pleasant+Hill+Library%3CBR%3EPrograms+and+Events&dm=rss2&LangType=0

Which in this case, I’m assuming, reflects the 1:30pm and 2:30pm start and end times. Only, it doesn’t show this way on import and imports some very weird times.

Jason
    Participant

The link above should be corrected to read “ical” to replace “rss2”.

Hi Jason,

Would you mind re-sending that link for me?  It doesn’t seem to be working for some reason, even when I corrected it as you said.  In addition, can you also send me the URL you are importing?

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Imported events show wrong dates and times’ is closed to new replies.