Imported events go missing

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Imported events go missing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tai

Some events imported from EventBrite disapear. They have not been removed in EventBrite. I am not sure of the exact steps that caused this. Are there known issues that can cause this?

If the event is reimported the following message is given “We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again”
    Cheers

Tai

I have been able to import the event again by changing the event in EventBrite to draft and back to live.

However would be good to know why events can go missing from WordPress altogether when making changes to the event in EventBrite!?

Cheers

Rob

Hey again Tai. This is a weird issue and I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve been faced with so far on this front. If I understand your issue correctly, you’re following these steps:

1. Creating an event on Eventbrite.
    2. That event is imported, but never actually shows up on the WP side once the import is complete.
    3. Attempting to re-import after a disappearing import won’t work and gives the message you included in your first note.
    4. After re-publishing the event on EB (live -> draft -> live) it imports again.

Let me know if I misunderstood a certain step. Otherwise, I’m totally unable to recreate this on my end and wonder if it’s A) a matter of the imported event not showing up because it’s importing as draft; or B) something related to a recurrence pattern. Either of those possible? Remember that Eventbrite’s API doesn’t allow for recurring events, so if you set up a recurrence pattern on their site and try to import it to WordPress…it’ll just convert to a standalone single event.

If neither of those are the culprit, it’d be awesome if you could send me the event ID for a given problematic event so I could try to recreate on my end. Thanks in advance!

Tai

You almost got it. When you import and eventbrite event it does show up in wordpress correctly. All seems fine. However, and this is the bit I’m not clear on myself, sometimes the events loose their link to Eventbrite. The event will still be in wordpress but it is no longer linked with eventbrite. So the option to register the event on eventbrite appears and the options to show tickets etc disappears.

I have just notice that the clients user account didn’t have an api key added. I thought this had been done so either this went missing as well and that’s related to / the cause of the issue or I didn’t add it. If an api is not added for a user account I would assume that user simply can’t make any changes regarding eventbrite?

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Tai, and apologies that it took me a few days to get you a response here. Is it possible that the events losing their links is being caused by either of these radio buttons (http://d.pr/i/ZHPb) being changed? The top one will disconnect the event from EB entirely, while the second hides the Eventbrite ticket sales options so it looks like there is no Eventbrite link at all. (The second button defaults to off, too, so you’d need to manually set it to make them display). Could that be responsible?

You are correct on the API key side: the user is blocked from any Eventbrite-related capabilities until their API key is added, so no action could be taken related to this prior to its inclusion.

Hope that helps. Let me know your thoughts on the above and I’ll do what I can to troubleshoot from there.

Tai

Am pretty sure it was not to do with the event being unlinked through WordPress. Can’t say for sure as it was the client using the site but I don’t think he is even aware of the existence of those buttons. He as only been changing event excerpts and tat kind of thing. hmmm

Cheers for reply

Rob

That’s a weird issue. I’m not quite sure how to address it going forward; do you want to share me the event # for the next event that you find this happens to, and I can attempt to recreate on my end?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Imported events go missing’ is closed to new replies.