Imported event shows as "Free"

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Imported event shows as "Free"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    p88dadmin
    Participant

I recently imported an event, but the header says “Free” instead of the price. I deleted the post and tried to re-import it again, but it still shows “Free”

George
    Participant

Hi Julie,

Sorry you’re having trouble. I’ve got a bunch of questions about the specifics of your issues here and will lay them out numerically just for simplicity’s sake:)

1. What are you importing from? You mention “importing” – do you have events on another WordPress installation that you are importing with our CSV importer build into the plugin? Or do you mean you’re importing events from EventBrite? I assume you mean that you’re importing from Eventbrite.

2. What version of The Events Calendar are you currently running on your site?

3. What version of WordPress are you currently running on your site?

4. Can you clarify what you mean when you describe the “header” showing “Free”? Do you mean the title of the event, or something else? Please share links to pages where there are examples of this problem, or screenshots if possible.

I think addressing these questions for now is a good place to start – let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    George

p88dadmin
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey @p88admin,

You can keep the conversation here, to be honest, no worries! If you’ve created another ticket already, please share a link to that ticket in this thread, and a link to this thread in that one, just so that if any support staff attend to either ticket we know that it’s the same issue :

Thank you!
    George

p88dadmin
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey @p88admin,

After importing an event from EventBrite, does anything change if you simply then “save” this imported event, but clicking the “Update” button in your post edit screen? → https://cloudup.com/cn30kV1nYoR

p88dadmin
    Participant

Nope, still shows free.

p88dadmin
    Participant

I was looking at the code and database and a couple things came up.

1. Can search the database for metadata, change the original value, but reverts back to “Free”
    – Find the metadata according to the post_id
    – Cost is under “_EventbriteCost” metakey
    – Modify cost from “Free” to “50”
    – Refresh page
    – Check database and the cost is reverted back from “50” to “Free”

2. “tribe_get_cost()” function in /the-events-calendar/public/template-tags/general.php uses the incorrect meta_key. The code uses “_EventCost” the key in the database is “_EventbriteCost”. Also “_EventCost” is not found in any meta_key

Trying to look at the importing of the event to see if there is anything wrong in there.

George
    Participant

Hey @p88admin,

Thanks for sharing all this information. This is an interesting issue that I’m not familiar with, so I’m going to bring this up to other dev team members and try to learn more about what could be causing this.

What version of the EventBrite add-on are you using, specifically? You mention the Events Calendar itself is at version 3.9.1 on your site, but I just mean the EventBrite add-on specifically.

We’ll investigate this closely, stay tuned for a more substantive and helpful response than this one 🙂

Cheers, and thanks for your patience,
    George

p88dadmin
    Participant

The Events Calendar – 3.9.1
    The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets 3.9

George
    Participant

Hey @p88admin,

I’ve run some test imports of test events from Eventbrite and cannot ever reproduce this behavior, so I’m really curious about your current issues.

I’m curious – if you deactivate all plugins on your site except The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Eventrbrite add-on, and try doing some imports anew for testing purposes, how do things behave?

What if you leave all these plugins deactivated and then also activate a default theme on your site like Twenty Twelve? (A more recent default theme is fine, too).

Let me know what you find from doing these tests.

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Imported event shows as "Free"’ is closed to new replies.