Import the host of an event from Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import the host of an event from Google Calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    beeVisible GmbH
    Participant

Hi there,
    we just bought the Aggregator Add-on for the Event-Calendar Pro. Importing events from a Google calendar seems to work most of the time (but not always). The add-on also sets the location of the event or creates a new location. So far so “almost” good.

Is it possible to import the host of an event as well. As an example, using the first line of the event description or maybe the source of the Google Calendar as the host of the event? Parsing the event description in google calendar for special shortcodes (i.e. [host]bla[/host] or something like that, defined by you or via the additional fields functionality could also do the trick.

It would be very helpful to import an event including location and host. Otherwise we would have to manually edit every single imported event, which makes the import not that comfortable as it could/should be.

Sorry for my english but I hope you get my point.

Best regards and thanks in advance for your answer!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo,

Mach dir keine Sorgen wegen die Sprache. Es ist ganz klar. 🙂

I will stick to English so that other understand as well.

I understand what you would like to achieve. At the moment there is no easy way to also include the host. I don’t see a specific field for that in Google Calendar.

As you suggested, it can be included in the description with a shortcode type of thing.

And when the import is being done, that can potentially be included as the organizer.

This would require some custom coding which is normally beyond the scope of our support. If you need help in coding this then I can share with you a list of freelance developers who are known in our community. They can probably help out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Import the host of an event from Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.