Import Syntax Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import Syntax Error

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I’m attempting a manual CSV import and am suddenly getting a syntax error. It’s this specifically:
    Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: option[value=”appointment_date””]

So far I’ve disabled all other plugins and tried switching themes but none of that worked. I checked in my .csv to see if that could have been the problem but that doesn’t seem to be. From what I can tell, somehow an extra ” is getting added and I can’t find the source of that.

I don’t know if it’s event aggregator or not but it seems to be where the extra ” is coming from.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Jamie

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you out!

Can you please send me a copy of the CSV file that you’re trying to import from so that I can do some testing on my end? Is this happening with all CSV files that you try to import from, or just this one?

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Thanks for all of your help.
    I’m still having trouble locating the issue. I’ve rolled back the install to when it was last working, and it still works then. I then updated each plugin, one by one, thinking that at some point it would stop accepting the update but it never did. On the install from Sept. 28th, I never ran into problems regardless of how I tried to break it.

Then, when I fast-forwarded the install to present it broke again. It seems like somehow there might be 2 versions of jQuery getting loaded and that is perhaps the issue as you have stated. So, I’m going to go down that path some more.

Again thanks for everything and if I do eventually find the solution, I’ll update you.

-Jamie

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Can you tell me which version of The Events Calendar you are running where it is working? I can check our logs to see what changed after that version.

Also, did you clear out all caching (browser and any site/server caching you might be doing) after updating everything on your site (theme and plugins)?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Syntax Error’ is closed to new replies.