Import Problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Import Problem

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    R
    Participant

Hi, If I turn an import remains with me the date should be 1 January 1970. Besides, I can not choose to import for location names. I want to import a file with the following fields;
    event name
    photo in text (Media)
    Start Date
    Start Time
    End Time
    End
    location name
    city
    country
    organizer
    website

Sincerely,
    Ruud

Barry

Hi Ruud,

Are you using the CSV Import facilities – and can you provide a sample of your CSV data if so?

Please upload it t your site, Dropbox or some similar service and provide the link here (rather than pasting it directly into the forum) 🙂

Thanks!

R
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Ruud,

So I’m keen to see the source CSV data because I can then examine it to see if any problems are apparent: can you facilitate that?

The link to one of the impacted events is appreciated, but that doesn’t really give me a sense of what went wrong during import.

R
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi there Ruud,

Do you have an email address for me, I will send the file to go there

It would be much preferred if we could keep this on the forum. Can you upload the file somewhere and link to it from a private reply – or else can you copy the contents to a service like Pastebin or Gist and, again, share the link here?

Thanks!

R
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK – please send an example of a problematic CSV file to us at this address:

support [at] theeventscalendar.com

Be sure to include a link to this topic and, ideally, make the subject FAO Barry. Once we receive it and I have a chance to review it, we’ll continue the discussion here – thanks 🙂

Barry

Thanks Ruud,

So the sample CSV data you sent has some formatting issues that are stopping our plugin from correctly interpreting the information within it.

To give an example, the first row of actual data starts something like this (I’ve sanitized the information a little):

"Event Name,Venue Name,Organizer Name,""nov 19,2015"",12:00 AM,"

To a machine this is quite confusing, as you have grouped multiple fields together within one set of quotes, are using double quotes through other parts of the string, and quoted elements are not always separated by commas.

Is it possible you crafted this data by hand and introduced a few mistakes along the way? Perhaps you could organize the information using something like a spreadsheet application and export it to CSV? So long as you stick to one field per column that ought to result in well formed CSV data.

Does that help?

R
    Participant

How do I get the default settings back? Now imports does nothing more, I do not lose everything

Barry

Hi Ruud,

There isn’t really an easily-accessible means of resetting all the settings (besides starting with a clean installation).

If you feel comfortable doing so you could edit the database directly and delete the tribe_events_calendar_options entry from the options table. Please make the precaution of taking a backup before doing this, though 🙂

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Problem’ is closed to new replies.