Import ical feed & preserve edits to event posts in WordPress

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Import ical feed & preserve edits to event posts in WordPress

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Moss

Hi, I’m trying to find the right plugin for the charity that I work for.

We need to be able to import event information automatically from an icalendar feed from civiCRM. Staff will then edit the imported event posts in WordPress (to add hyperlinks which don’t seem to import from the icalendar feed). At the moment, the plugin we’re using doesn’t save those changes. Can The Events Calendar plugin save the changes made in WordPress and yet still import new events from the icalendar feed?

Thanks for your help.

Courtney

Hi Sarah

Our Event Aggregator plugin can import an .iCal feed. The Events Calendar, our free plugin, is required to use Event Aggregator (and can only upload .csv files without EA).

Here’s a quick look at a bit of our settings:

EA settings

You can also determine if events that have been imported are published or saved as a draft until further edited.

It sounds like that is exactly what you are looking for.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Import ical feed & preserve edits to event posts in WordPress’ is closed to new replies.