Import function inaccurate

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Import function inaccurate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I ran a CSV-import of 500 events, of which only 450 were imported and I have no idea why the rest was not. One event got imported twice with all elements exactly the same, but a “2” appended to the URL of one. Do you have experience with these kind of issues?

Also: does the event name have to be unique? For community-submitted events I suppose the name does not have to be unique. However when I imported events without unique names it left out even more events.

Thanks!
    Alex

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the import. I think I can help you with this one.

One event got imported twice with all elements exactly the same, but a “2” appended to the URL of one.

That usually happens if the event title is the same. The urls / slugs are generated from the event title. If a slug is already used, then a ‘-2’ or ‘-3’ etc. gets added to the end.

Also: does the event name have to be unique?

To answer your question: no. See above. 🙂

when I imported events without unique names it left out even more events

If 2 events have a different name OR a different start date, then they are (supposed to be) handled as different. In other words, two events are considered the same if they have the same title and the same start date and start time.

There are a couple of tests that you can try.

If events are not importing that have the same title, try to make a small modification to the title (e.g. add an extra space between 2 words) and check if it gets imported.

If you can share with me the csv file that you are trying to import I can take a look to see if I find something.

Cheers,
    Andras

Hi Andras!

Thanks for your answers. Yes I frequently had the same name and start date but different locations. Thought this would be taken into account but I can create a workaround as well.

Best regards
    Alex

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me on that!

Yeah, for the time being this is how it works. Some adjustment is in the planning, introducing a column for a unique identifier to make scenarios like this possible. I do hope it will be implemented soon.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

PS2: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would also be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Much appreciated!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Import function inaccurate’ is closed to new replies.