Import from Google Calendar has wrong Venue (also dropping "é")

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import from Google Calendar has wrong Venue (also dropping "é")

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    venture cafe
    Participant

I am reopening this ticket after the autoclose bot closed it.

Our events have recently started listing out events at 37 Broadway when they have always been at 1 Broadway. Please see the screenshot of the event.

Also, any event with a “é” looses the “é”.

We have been running a short-term fix for the last few weeks by manually populating the calendar and not using the event aggregator.

The calendar is vencaf.org/calendar.

The ICal feed is: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/c2forsq4stipos27pm5m09carc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Please help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry about this import issue. Let me try to help you with this.

1. I ran some test. At the moment I’m not quite sure why the accents get dropped on an ics import. I have filed a bugticket on this so our devs can take a look at it.

2. When importing the ical feed the venues do not get imported at the moment. This is a bug we are aware of and work will soon start on this one.

3. What I also noticed is that if you import the events from the site as “Other URL (beta)” and use the site’s url, then the accents will get properly imported. Also, the venues will be imported.

I couldn’t yet reproduce the issue with the address. It looks like only the address detail is changed to 31, the title remains intact. Is that so?

Andras

venture cafe
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thank you for working on this.

Regarding #1: Please let us know when there is a solution.

Regarding @2: Good to know. Please let us know when there is a solution.

Regarding #3: Are you saying I should test a new import using the Google Calendar iCal link via the “Other URL (beta)” import?

Thank you and happy Thanksgiving!
    The Venture Cafe Staff

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

1. I just re-tested your feed with the event “Venture Café Kendall CONNECT – Speed Networking” (October 10) and it imported properly. Can you please check if the accented event titles are coming in fine for you?

2. I pinged the manager to draw attention to this bug. I do hope it will get a fix in 2 weeks, as other users are having trouble with this as well.

3. What I meant here is I tried importing the events from vencaf.org/calendar and that worked fine. But now I realized that most probably vencaf is the destination of your imported events, it’s not a source. Is that right?

Andras

venture cafe
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thanks for the help!

1. Good to hear the accent issue might be fixed.

2. Please let us know ASAP about the bug fix.

3. Vencaf.org is the destination of these event listings. We are pulling from a Google calendar feed.

Best,
    The Venture Cafe team

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Venture Cafe Team,

A fix has been prepared for the accent issue and it is currently in the testing phase.

If all goes according to plan the fix will ship with the upcoming maintenance release in a couple of days. Hang in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

venture cafe
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thank you for escalating this. I am checking back in as I did not see it on the known issues list. Should we expect the location import fix to be included in the next push in Dec?

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

The bug concerning venues not being imported at all has been fixed with the last release.

The fix for the one with the accented characters was also launched recently.

Are you still getting the issue with the address getting imported with wrong data? I just did a re-import of your feed and the venue titles were all good.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Import from Google Calendar has wrong Venue (also dropping "é")’ is closed to new replies.