Import from Google Calendar has wrong Venue (also dropping "é")
I am reopening this ticket after the autoclose bot closed it.
Our events have recently started listing out events at 37 Broadway when they have always been at 1 Broadway. Please see the screenshot of the event.
Also, any event with a “é” looses the “é”.
We have been running a short-term fix for the last few weeks by manually populating the calendar and not using the event aggregator.
The calendar is vencaf.org/calendar.
Thanks for reaching out!
Sorry about this import issue. Let me try to help you with this.
1. I ran some test. At the moment I’m not quite sure why the accents get dropped on an ics import. I have filed a bugticket on this so our devs can take a look at it.
2. When importing the ical feed the venues do not get imported at the moment. This is a bug we are aware of and work will soon start on this one.
3. What I also noticed is that if you import the events from the site as “Other URL (beta)” and use the site’s url, then the accents will get properly imported. Also, the venues will be imported.
I couldn’t yet reproduce the issue with the address. It looks like only the address detail is changed to 31, the title remains intact. Is that so?
Thank you for working on this.
Regarding #1: Please let us know when there is a solution.
Regarding @2: Good to know. Please let us know when there is a solution.
Regarding #3: Are you saying I should test a new import using the Google Calendar iCal link via the “Other URL (beta)” import?
Thank you and happy Thanksgiving!
The Venture Cafe Staff
1. I just re-tested your feed with the event “Venture Café Kendall CONNECT – Speed Networking” (October 10) and it imported properly. Can you please check if the accented event titles are coming in fine for you?
2. I pinged the manager to draw attention to this bug. I do hope it will get a fix in 2 weeks, as other users are having trouble with this as well.
3. What I meant here is I tried importing the events from vencaf.org/calendar and that worked fine. But now I realized that most probably vencaf is the destination of your imported events, it’s not a source. Is that right?
The bug concerning venues not being imported at all has been fixed with the last release.
The fix for the one with the accented characters was also launched recently.
Are you still getting the issue with the address getting imported with wrong data? I just did a re-import of your feed and the venue titles were all good.
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team
The topic ‘Import from Google Calendar has wrong Venue (also dropping "é")’ is closed to new replies.