Import from facebook GROUP

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Import from facebook GROUP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    JérômeF

Hi,
    I m very interested into your plugin.
    I just want a confirmation about the aggregator extension.
    I need to drain the events for the calendar from a group and not a page. I already had some issues with an other plug which was not able to drain the datas from the group and was taking them from a page which has a similar name.

Can you confirm that it ll 100% work, or if you refound in case of problems ?

JérômeF

Courtney

Hello Jerome

Our plugin is designed to do that. Unfortunately, we currently have a bug preventing that from working. I’ve tagged this thread so you will receive a follow up notice when the issue is resolved.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

JérômeF

Hi Courtney,
    Thanks for the answer.
    i m sorry but i dont get this :
    “Unfortunately, we currently have a bug preventing that from working.”
    Could you explain me please ?

Courtney

Sure Jerome

Event Aggregator is supposed to be able to import events from public Facebook groups. At this moment, there is a bug where the import process stalls. We are aware this this is an issue and will have a solution for this bug in the future. However, I don’t have an exact time for that fix to be available.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

JérômeF

So, basically, i can buy your plugin, but it wont work. Is it correct ?

Courtney

Hello Jerome

I’d suggest holding off if you possibly can. We are currently working on a solution for this, and will notify you as soon as this becomes available. I’m very sorry for the delay.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Jerome!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 10th July 2017) is out, including a fix for the issue that prevented imports from a Facebook group.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-10th-july-2017/

Let us know if you are considering to get the Event Aggregator license and if you have any other questions and we’d be happy to assist 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Jérôme Foulon

Hi Victor,

I don’t see anything there about the event aggregator and fixes that may be done.

I’m still puzzled that if i buy a licence, it will work and be relevant for my project or not…

Cheers,

Courtney

Hello Jérôme

What Victor shared is to say that the initial issue I cautioned you about has been resolved.  We’d love to have you as a a new customer. Just a note, the group must be a public group for imports to work.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Jérôme FOULON

Hi Courtney,
    I m very close to buy The Event Calendar Pro and the aggragator plug, I just have a few questions and we are done:

1/ is there a way that I can integrate the calendar with a shortcode [calendar] or smthg into my actual website? I want to continue to use the same theme and have more the calendar, is it possible ?

2/ How many feed (FB pages and groups) can I put in the aggregator? Is there a limit?

Thx!
    Jérôme

Jérôme FOULON

“Embedding Calendar Views with the [tribe_events] Shortcode”

Available on the Events Calendar Pro 4.3, is that correct ?

I have question 3/ It costs 89¤ for calendar pro and aggregator for one year, what happens after one year?

Thx!

Courtney

Hello Jérôme

1. We do offer Calendar View Shortcodes and Widget Shortcodes that you can place in various parts of your website.

2. You can use Event Aggregator on up to 10 different domains with as many imports per day as your plan permits. There is no limit on feeds you use as part of the scheduled imports.

3. Event Aggregator and Events Calendar Pro are each $89 at this time. When Events Calendar Pro expires, you will no longer receive plugin updates or access to support but the plugin can work exactly as the most recent update allows. When Event Aggregator expires, it will stop working except for standard csv imports, as well as no further access to support.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Jérôme Foulon
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

I m one of ur customers, and I m hardcorly (no idea if it s actually a real word) training your solution right now.
    For the moment I am very satisfied of The Event Calendar, it s not working the way i was expecting, but it s even better 😉

I’m actually trying to customize the “event” page generated. Is there a tutorial about that?
    (this page for instance http://www.alface.pt/event/modernista-modernista-vais-ter-um-verao-de-artista/)

You can take a look on http://www.alface.pt

I saw that the images are imported in WP media folder. i think that can be a problem in the futur, is there any way to clean it automatically?

thanks for the support!
    Jérôme

– I saw some other points I’d like to discuss in the futur, I’ll check all the support to see if it’s not already discussed somewhere. Already i was wondering: could it be possible to add a group which doesnt have events yet: like a survey if they finally decide to put some events there, the job is already done.

Courtney

Welcome Jérôme 😀

Here are a few tips to change the look of your calendar:

1. Start by modifying what you can at Appearance » Customize » The Events Calendar.
    2. Typically, don’t change the theme or plugin’s css files, they will be overwritten on updates. To avoid this, follow the steps outlined in Themer’s Guide
    3. Use overriding CSS files, or add CSS to your site using Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS.
    4. Use !important before a semicolon to override every css rule. It’s a brute force method, but works for quick fixes.
    5. Please check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video in addition to our Using Chrome Developer Tools tutorial on how to easily make changes using CSS.

Is there anything more I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Jérôme Foulon
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes no worries, I’m familiar with the CSS customization.

My question for today:

I set “Photo” as the default preset. It s not working. To have the “Photo” as the default preset, I have ti remove all the other options, which i really don’t want.

I this a known bug? What can i do??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Import from facebook GROUP’ is closed to new replies.