Import FB events slows down entire site making it not usable

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import FB events slows down entire site making it not usable

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jacek
    Participant

Hi,

When I click on the Import FB Events link to import events in the admin panel of wordpress my entire wordpress site slows down and is not usable. The events are getting imported into pending events and not published events so I don’t see why the wordpress site should not load.

Thank you

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jacek,

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Are you importing a lot of events from Facebook? If there’s a lot, this could result in a slow down. Is it still slow after the import has finished? How many events total do you have on your WordPress website? It could be a conflict with another plugin, please try deactivating all other plugins to see if this helps.

You might also want to look at your server/hosting setup. What web host are you with? Have you tried increasing the PHP memory allocated to WordPress? You can do that by using one of the methods listed here: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/

Finally, another thing to look at is your theme. You should try reverting to the Twenty Eleven/Twelve theme to see if that helps.

Let me know if any of the above helps.

– Jonah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Import FB events slows down entire site making it not usable’ is closed to new replies.