Import: Facebook – can't untick previously imported

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import: Facebook – can't untick previously imported

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dorothy
    Participant

When I use the “Import: Facebook” feature to manually import events, I see a list of posts from the pages I’ve set up to auto-import, like this:

“Events from Facebook organizations(s) or page(s) you’ve added:
    Events from Ameras Palace Belly Dance Boutique: September 28, 2013 — Belly Dance Tour to Cairo 2013 – Cairo Confidential (previously imported) (link)
    Events from Newcastle Bellydance Festival: February 20, 2014 — THE BELLYDANCE EVOLUTION IV – Newcastle Bellydance Festival (previously imported) (link)”

They show a greyed-out tick box, which means I can’t untick them – so they import again!

It seems that the duplicate filter doesn’t work in this situation. I don’t want to have to delete all the pages I’ve set to auto-import, so how do I get around this problem every time I want to manually import an event?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi marisawriter,

Are the events actually duplicating? What the greyed out box means is that that event has already been imported and will not be imported again. So, in the case where you run an auto-import, after events have been imported they should also showed greyed out like this.

Does that make sense? Is this not the behavior you are seeing?

– Jonah

Dorothy
    Participant

Yep Jonah, that’s precisely what I expected to happen – but it’s not what’s happening. The greyed-out events are being imported again. It’s not just a one-off either – I’ve imported events four times now, and each time I have to go into my Events and delete the duplicates.

Dorothy
    Participant

Oops, just to be clear – I’m not talking about auto-importing, I’m talking about Import: Facebook.
    The events which are duplicating are ones from pages I set up to auto-import. When I manually import other events, they always show above the data entry box and always get imported again, even though they’re greyed-out.
    Loving the plugin otherwise, BTW – I think the site is looking stunning.
    http://events.bellydanceoz.com

Jonah
    Participant

Hi marisawriter,

I’m confused now. You say you’re not talking about auto importing but then you say the event which are duplicating are from pages you set up to auto import? Can you please clarify?

Thanks,
    – Jonah

Dorothy
    Participant

OK Let me try again.
    I’m in the MANUAL import (called Import:Facebook on the Events menu).
    I’m trying to manually import individual events that I’ve found on Facebook. I paste the ID’s for those events into the box provided.

However, above that box I can see a list of events that I’ve previously imported using auto import. They each have a check box next to them, but the tick is greyed out so I can’t uncheck them. So when I import the new events, those previously imported events are imported again, too.

The heading above those events actually says “Events from Facebook organizations(s) or page(s) you’ve added:”. I can’t work out why the message is even necessary in the first place, frankly – why would anyone want to check those boxes?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi marisawriter,

Ok I think this makes sense now although I’m not able to reproduce it locally. This import page that display the list of checked and non-checked events just shows you events from the page or organization you’ve input into the settings that you have the option of manually importing (if you don’t want to wait for the auto import). Like I mentioned before, the pre-checked and greyed out events are events that have already been imported some way and thus do not allow for checking again to re-import. I agree it’s slightly confusing and we could just remove the already imported events from the list instead of display them again, but this is how it is for now.

So, back to your issue… First, it doesn’t look like I’ve asked, but are you running v3.0 of the Facebook plugin? And what versions of core and/or PRO are you running? Make sure you are running the latest of everything.

Another thing to try is I’d like to have you try deactivating all other plugins if you haven’t already done this to make sure there is no conflict there. See if that works.

Let’s start there. Please let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Dorothy
    Participant

I haven’t had the chance to play around with plugins as I’ve been sick. I’m not frequently importing manual events so it’s not a huge deal. However, I am a bit lost as to why you need to display the already imported events at all, so I’d say the best solution is just to get rid of them in a future update! apart from anything else, it’s annoying to have to scroll down past those events to get to the input box.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi marisawinter,

I’m pretty sure this is related to the bug found in this thread: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/events-importing-multiple-times/ – we’ll get this fixed ASAP. As for changing the way already imported events display, this is a good idea and I will pose it as a possible feature request for the future.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Import: Facebook – can't untick previously imported’ is closed to new replies.