Import events from live site to dev site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Import events from live site to dev site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

I’ve been combing the support section and haven’t found this question, so forgive me if this has been answered somewhere.

I am redesigning my client’s site. They are currently using the free version of The Events Calendar, and I am upgrading to PRO (already purchased) in the redesign.

I would like to import their current events into the dev site. What is the best way to do this?

Also, how have other developers dealt with new events that are created after the initial import?

Thanks,
    Laura

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out!

I think the best option would be to export to a CSV using a plugin like WP All Export, and then import the CSV into the Dev site. As far as new events go, you would probably have to do the export/import again to get them into the Dev site. If you have another method you are using to sync other post types, it should work for events as well (since they are custom post types).

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Laura
    Participant

It does! mostly. I appreciate the suggestion for that plugin, I’ve been using the one that WordPress suggests, and it’s lacking in options. I’ll check it out.

I kinda figured it was either re-import all or manually import the new ones as they happen. I just thought I’d ask to see if there was a solution I didn’t think of. Basically, we will be cleaning up the events and utilizing the repeating feature in PRO, re-importing will just mean we have to do that work again. I’ll probably just need to work with the client and implement an event freeze, or if they add to the live site, they have to add to the dev site at the same time.

I appreciate you taking time to respond!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem at all! I see where you’re coming from, I think the freeze or having them add to both sites simultaneously is your best bet. WP All Export has worked pretty well for me – I find it to be very intuitive to use and has tons of options, especially for a free plugin. I hope it works for you!

Since this thread has been marked “resolved”, I’ll go ahead and close it out. Please feel free to open a new one if you have any other questions!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Import events from live site to dev site’ is closed to new replies.