Import events from Drupal

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Import events from Drupal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

Wondering how to import events from Drupal 7 into events calendar pro? I have intermediate php skills.

Anthony
    Participant

Ok i decided to use a drupal module that exports fields via a view into csv file, etc. For anyone interested the plugin is called views_data_export. Still trying to configure it to export a url for event images. Wondering if after importing into EC, i can somehow transfer the url referenced images into actual files stored on my EC wordpress install?

Caroline

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for reaching out–glad to hear you’re making some progress on your imports here! While we don’t have a built-in tool for pulling images via URL directly from Drupal into The Events Calendar, you may be able to bring these images into your WordPress Media Library using a third-party tool and add them to your events from there. You can find a variety of import tools for bringing content from Drupal here on the WordPress Codex.

I hope that helps to get you started! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

Anthony
    Participant

Well it turns out that during the importing process the image urls are used to automatically download and add the corresponding image files to my WordPress media library. Nice touch!

Caroline

Hi Anthony,

Oh, that’s awesome–so glad to hear it was that easy! Let us know if you should have any other questions as you’re continuing to make the transition to Events Calendar PRO. We’re here and ready to assist with anything that might crop up along the way! 🙂 If you’re all set here, feel free to follow up to confirm, or you can simply wait, and this thread will be automatically closed after a period of inactivity.

Thanks again for stopping by, and we hope you’ll enjoy your time with WordPress and Events Calendar PRO! 😀

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Import events from Drupal’ is closed to new replies.