Import events from an external db

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Import events from an external db

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Massimo
    Participant

Hi… I’ll need to import several events in a wordpress site with Events Calendar Pro installed. How can I import them using tribe_create_venue and tribe_create_event. Where I can find examples of using those functions? I’m testing them (starting with tribe_create_venue) but it does not seem to work.
    Which are the name of $args elements required for a new Venue to be created?

Massimo
    Participant

Mmmm… seems there is a problem in public\advanced-functions\venue.php
    the tribe_create_venue() function perhaps should call TribeEventsAPI::createVenue() and not TribeEventsAPI::createEvent()
    Changing this make tribe_create_venue work…
    I’ll let you know how it works for the other advanced functions…

Rob

Hi Massimo. When you say “import,” do you mean migrate from a previous version? Or actually import from a csv or something similar? If the latter, that would require an add-on plugin that we’re currently beta testing and which I’d be happy to have you assist in betaing if you’re interested.

Otherwise there’s no functionality out of the box that does this unfortunately. For what documentation we do have, you can check that out right here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, just holler.

Massimo
    Participant

Very interested in beta testing your plugin… (otherwise I would have to make one myself)… yes I have to import it from an Excel file.
    I’ve not seen anything in the tribe_create_event() function for recurring events. Is it something you have to implement?

Rob

Hey Massimo. If you have your data as .csv files, then this plugin would be exactly what you’re looking for. Shoot me an email (rob at tri.be) and I can get it over to you.

Not sure I understand the second question – what are you trying to do?

Massimo
    Participant

Perhaps I’ll need to import recurring events and I was not finding anything about them in the tribe_create_event function…

Rob

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for confirming – I’ll check with our developer Jonah to see if he has any thoughts on this.

Rob

Hi again Massimo. I spoke with our developer Jonah on this today; looks like there isn’t an argument that can be passed when using tribe_create_events() to indicate that the event is recurring. As such I’ve asked the team to work this into the next (2.0.3) release that we move into. Apologies for the inconvenience in the interim.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Import events from an external db’ is closed to new replies.