Import events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Import events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adnan

Hi
    I am setting up multisite system that is going to have calendars on each page locally but I even want to import events from 5 sites that are regional and superior to local sites. I would like to use your plugin, but it seems like imports between sites, if every site is using The Events Calendar, has to be done manually. It this correctly understood?

Best regards

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and considering our products!

You are correct, you will export the ics file from each of those sites at the bottom of the event calendar and then import them into your new site with the Event Aggregator.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Adnan

Hello,
    and thanks for the answer. So is there a way to automate those tasks (export and import) on respective sites?

Best regards
    Adnan

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Adnan,

Yes, you can setup automatic imports on a specified time frame (ie daily, weekly, hourly, etc).

You just need a valid RSS or ical url. For sites that already run Events Calendar you can find those URL’s at:

• An RSS feed that is located at [your-site]/events/feed
    • An iCal feed that is located at [your-site]/events/ical

Both could be used to populate calendars on other sites. It’s worth noting that the feeds do not push the content to the sites, but the sites will need a method for fetching that content — whether that is automated or manual.

Hopefully this helps answer your question better than my last attempt.

Cheers!
    Brendan

Adnan

Great answer. Thanks!
    I will give it a try with The Events Calendar!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Anytime!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Import events’ is closed to new replies.