Import Eventbrite Events

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Import Eventbrite Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alasdair
    Participant

Hello,

When you click Import Event and then the select2 input field, the events returned are in ascending date order and limited to the first 50 events. This means any user with more than 50 previous events is unable to select the event to import.

This is a pretty basic thing to get right for a paid plugin.

Barry

Hi Alasdair 🙂

Thanks for contacting us and I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against this limitation.

On our end, we don’t actually impose such a limit though we are limited by what the Eventbrite API will return to us (and that, I’m afraid, is not something we can control directly as it is a closed platform).

Do you find that this poses a real problem even when you apply search terms to limit your search?

Thanks for your feedback: if there are ways in which we can fine tune things to make this a better fit for your needs, we’re certainly interested in exploring those options.

Alasdair
    Participant

Hi –

I modified your code so that events are returned in descending date order. Perhaps you can make this the default option, as getting a list of 50 events (and only the names) from 3 years ago is not exactly user friendly.

Querying by name is not suitable as we have similar event names, and you don’t return any other metadata in the select dropdown (e.g. the date).

Barry

OK, good points.

We’ll certainly have a think about ways of improving this (I’m not sure your proposed default would work for everyone, however, but it’s certainly a solid idea and we’ll use that to kick off some discussions internally).

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that the new release of Eventbrite Tickets 4.5 is out! You will now have much more control when importing Eventbrite.com events into your site.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-the-events-calendar-4-6-18-and-eventbrite-tickets-4-5/

As always, we recommend using a staging site to test new versions before updating on a live site > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Eventbrite Events’ is closed to new replies.