Import Creating Duplicate Events (Facebook and Google Calendar)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import Creating Duplicate Events (Facebook and Google Calendar)

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mfrethy.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mfrethy
    Participant

This is happening mostly with the Facebook import but I am also seeing it happen to some of the events importing from Google Calendar. All events importing from Facebook are duplicating without fail. If I go in and manually remove the copy, it will recreate the duplicate on next import. Google Calendar is doing the same for some of the events but not all.

Sky
    Keymaster

Michael,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with duplicate events showing up. I’d be happy to help!

Are the duplicate events showing up upon subsequent imports, or do you see duplicates after a single import of that event? Are any of these events recurring events?

Thanks,
    Sky

mfrethy
    Participant

In all cases of the duplication, I am seeing it on initial import. If I trash/ignore the duplicate entry it will not re-create it on subsequent import/update however if I delete the duplicate permanently it will duplicate it again on subsequent import. It is currently duplicating some but not all recurring events from the Google Calendar import and is duplicating all events that are importing from Facebook and doesn’t matter if it is recurring or not.

Sky
    Keymaster

Michael,

Thank you for the additional information. Can you provide me with the liks to the feeds for these imports? I would like to test this to see if I can replicate.

Thanks!
    Sky

mfrethy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Michael,

Thanks for providing those links. I will have a look and try to recreate this, and get back to you as soon as possible.

Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

When I import the facebook events, I see 14 events in the import. Most of them are recurring, and have multiple instances, on separate dates. After import, I see that 14 events have been imported. If I try to re-import the facebook feed, it creates no new events.

Can you try this import with the default Twenty Seventeen theme enabled, and all other plugins than TEC and TEC Pro disabled, and see if you get a different result?

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Creating Duplicate Events (Facebook and Google Calendar)’ is closed to new replies.