Import: An error occurred while updating Eventbrite.

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Import: An error occurred while updating Eventbrite.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gregory
    Participant

Im getting the following when I try to import an event. It has worked once or twice, but the event comes over with ticketing info missing. More often then not I just get the error when I try. Note that there is no error message after “Error:”

An error occurred while updating Eventbrite. Please review your information and try again.
    Error:

Joyce Grace

Hi Gregory,
    Very sorry you’re having this issue. I hope we can help get it resolved for you!

Can you confirm you’re running the latest version of our plugins and all add-ons?

Also, can you confirm you’ve tried all of the following?

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
    5. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks?
    6. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)?
    7. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/?

I will keep my eye out to see if other users are also having this problem, in case it is a bug or a known issue. In the mean time, if you could perform all the steps above and re-test after each measure, that would help us a lot in eliminating all of the most common possibilities.

Thanks!

Gregory
    Participant

Hi Joyce,

I think I figured this out. It looks like EB injected a bad character (not sure how) into one of my organizer names. It was causing a malformed XML response in the API for one of my other custom apps. I fixed that and both my app and your import process began working again.

Joyce Grace

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing! I’ll keep this in mind in case someone else asks about it in the future. I’m sure the pain you went through will prove to be a useful way to save someone else pain the future! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Import: An error occurred while updating Eventbrite.’ is closed to new replies.