Images showing up Large

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Images showing up Large

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

How can I reduce the size of the images in the event, they are showing up large http://bb-nj.com/event/brigantines-halloween-parade-oct-27/

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Tim,

I’m not quite sure which image you are referring to as too large. The featured image of the pumpkin? Or the one’s for the related events like the seal?

One possible solution would be to resize the images before uploading them into WordPress. But other than that it appears to me that they are working as designed.

Have I misunderstood something?

— Julie

Leslie
    Participant

Hi – I was searching the forums to find a resolution to an image issue, and wondered if maybe Tim was experience the same bug I am. In my calendar, in list view, the featured image shows up as a thumbnail to the left of the description — this is correct. However, when I click “Next Events >>” the featured images show up as the full width of my content area, with the description underneath. When viewing the css from my web developer tools in Chrome, it appears that this may be a styling conflict with the image being set at 100%. It looks really bad because most of the images are optimized to be thumbnail size and when they expand to 650px wide they are super low res. It resolves itself when I refresh the page, but don’t want to count on my visitors knowing this trick. Any others who have experienced this or know what might be causing it?

Leslie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Leslie,

Ewww, I see what you are talking about. And I see the 100% image width as well. What I don’t see is it doing the same on my vanilla install. Can you confirm that you have deactivated all other plugins and reverted to the default Twenty Eleven theme? Does it still do the same thing? If it does, could you go to Events > Help and copy the System Information from the black box so we can take a look at what might be going on?

Let me know what happens and we’ll go from there.

— Julie

Tim
    Participant

I have tried deactivating all plugins. No luck..

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

You’ll have to help me a bit Tim, but I don’t understand what issue you are having with the image on that page. When I go to the link you provided, the image looks to be working normal to me. What problem are you seeing?

— Julie

ironandsteel
    Participant

I had the same problem- I fixed it in a style override:
    .tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-image img {
    height: auto;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    width: auto;
    }

The width WAS 100% which was blowing up images and making them look bad.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey ironandsteel,

I’m glad you got it working to your satisfaction. And thanks for sharing your fix! Did you have that same problem after the 3.2 update? Did your override still fix it, or was it not needed?

Just trying to track this down. Let me know what happened for you.

— Julie

ironandsteel
    Participant

Yes- this is still an issue after 3.2. Here is my latest style override that seems to fix the featured image display in both the full page single event, and the event listing.

.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-image {
    float: left;
    margin-right: 10px;
    }

ironandsteel
    Participant

Actually, I take it back. After updating to 3.2, the undesired enlargement of the image doesn’t happen. Still, the layout of the featured image is pretty bad. I improved it in both the event list and the single page event display with the following:
    .tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-image {
    margin-right: 10px;
    }

.tribe-events-event-image img {
    height: auto;
    max-width: 100%;
    padding-right: 10px;
    }

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey ironandsteel,

Thanks for that update. I’m going to pass your info on to the devs for their information. Really do appreciate it.

— Julie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Images showing up Large’ is closed to new replies.