I'm not understanding the point of Categories?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO I'm not understanding the point of Categories?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hometownchatter
    Participant

I think I’m missing something. Why do I have categories to break down the events into, but nowhere for my users to click on a specific event category listing and see all events in that category? Is that a link that I have to create and add myself? I’m a bit lost. o_O

Andy Fragen

In the Category Colors plugin Settings you can automatically create a category legend. When a specific category in the legend is clicked only those events of that category will be selected. Use the Legend Superpowers for a cooler effect.

hometownchatter
    Participant

Ah, yes, I tried to add that code earlier and didn’t see anything. I think I may have used it before I was aware that I actually had to have an event attached to the category. Thanks again Andy!

Barry

Why do I have categories to break down the events into, but nowhere for my users to click on a specific event category listing and see all events in that category? Is that a link that I have to create and add myself?

The categories for a particular event are shown by default on each single event post – visitors can then click and visit the corresponding archive page as they would with regular WordPress posts.

You can also build a custom menu of event categories from the Appearance > Menus admin screen – just be sure to select Event Categories from the screen options dropdown on that same screen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘I'm not understanding the point of Categories?’ is closed to new replies.