If overwrite_existing filter is active, will deleted events be deleted?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator If overwrite_existing filter is active, will deleted events be deleted?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rappnews
    Participant

If we activate the tribe_events_ical_importer_overwrite_existing_events filter, as described in the forum post here (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/altered-or-deleted-events/), is it safe to assume that any events that are edited on the site whose feed is named in the recurring iCal importer will be reimported and will replace the corresponding event in the target site?

More important, can we count on the fact that an an event deleted on the originating calendar will cause the corresponding event to be deleted on the target site?

Thanks for any assistance.

Geoff B.

Good evening Dennis and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

is it safe to assume that any events that are edited on the site whose feed is named in the recurring iCal importer will be reimported and will replace the corresponding event in the target site?

In theory, the answer is yes. However, experience has taught me that things do go wrong when you least expect it.

So before you do anything, I highly recommend backing up the Database, just in case you need to revert back to the current state of things.

More important, can we count on the fact that an an event deleted on the originating calendar will cause the corresponding event to be deleted on the target site?

I do not believe that deleted event on the original calendar will disappear from your site’s calendar. But I could be wrong on this one.
    It will largely depend on the type of events and on the source of the iCal feed itself.

Once again, a backup would be key here or better yet, use a test / staging environment.

You might also consider (still after a backup) doing a clean reimport of the iCal generated event (after completely removing them from the table).

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘If overwrite_existing filter is active, will deleted events be deleted?’ is closed to new replies.