If an event capacity limit is reached is there a waiting list function?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus If an event capacity limit is reached is there a waiting list function?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, I notice that one can intend set the capacity of an event to lets say 100 and therefore no more bookings can be reached when 100 is hit. What I am trying to find out is if the maximum attendee limit is reached can we set up an alternative message that goes to registrations after this number letting them know that the event is oversubscribed (for example) and we will put their name on a waiting list?

Basically some kind of message that says – the event is booked and please join the waiting list?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
    James

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi James!

Thanks for reaching out!

There is no built-in functionality to achieve that, but it is possible to get that kind of functionality with some custom coding.

I’d recommend you take a look at the tickets.php template file located at wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets. You could make a template override of it and add a message line 150 where the Out of Stock! message is rendered.

Additionally, you might want to check the WooCommerce backorders functionality > https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-products/

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

No problem Victor. Would be nice to see this functionality in future editions. Thanks for the advice here also.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi James!

Thanks for following up with this.

I can see the use of having such functionality built-in, so I suggest your add that idea in our user voice so other users can vote for it > https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

As you marked this thread resolved, I’ll go ahead and close it, but don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up or if you need help elaborating the idea further and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘If an event capacity limit is reached is there a waiting list function?’ is closed to new replies.