.ics scheduled Import disappears

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator .ics scheduled Import disappears

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luke Scott
    Participant

Hi,
    We have an import that runs hourly, and works correctly, however it gets removed from the schedule at seeminly random intervals. We only notice because new events aren’t getting added, and then when i go to view the scheduled imports in the event import backend, there are no scheduled imports listed. Once I add the feed back, it works properly.

the .ics file

our calendar: http://jackson.yale.edu/events/

Thanks!
    -Scott

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Scott!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

That seems a very strange issue. Let me try to help with the troubleshooting and see if we can find out what is going on.

I have set up a scheduled import for the iCal you shared and it is working for me so far.

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Do you recall a change in your site after which you experienced the scheduled import being removed? Perhaps a plugin or theme update?

Let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to add that after you enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG, please navigate to your Scheduled imports tab.

After that, please check your debug.log file and see if any error was logged and share it with us.

Thanks,
    Victor

Luke Scott
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    I did as you asked, and did not get any errors displayed on the screen, or in the debug log while running the scheduled import.

Is there any mechanism in the code to remove imports under any conditions? for example if it times out for some reason, or some other error is encountered, or if has been completed X times? I feel like maybe something like this is getting triggered in error. This has occured to us with this same feed 3 times now.

As far as timing of this, we saw the first occurance after our update to 4.9.6 but that could have been coincidental.

Thanks
    -Scott

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Thanks for running those tests and letting us know about it.

Is there any mechanism in the code to remove imports under any conditions? for example if it times out for some reason, or some other error is encountered, or if has been completed X times?

Not really. Our import system has checks to detect multiple errors and should show such errors in the Import > History tab. But in any case it should NOT delete the scheduled imports.

It would be good idea if you keep your WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG variables to true and see if you get any errors logged when the import gets deleted.

Also, you could try changing to change the Import Process System to use the Cron-based system and see if any difference. You can find this setting in Events > Settings > Imports tab under the Global Import Settings section.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘.ics scheduled Import disappears’ is closed to new replies.