ICS files and multiple time zones

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions ICS files and multiple time zones

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Frank

Hello,

My client requires an event management plugin that allows a user to view an event, sign up for it and add it to their calendar with the correct local time zone (not just the main WP time zone). For example – if WP’s time zone is set to Toronto, and an event is occurring at 4:30-7pm in Calgary (2 hours behind Toronto), we want users from both Toronto and Calgary to be able to download ICS files that both say 4:30-7pm Calgary time (which would be 6:30-9pm Toronto time).

Currently their event management plugin only sets ICS times based on the main WP time, which currently set to Toronto time. So the above event’s ICS file is wrong (in that it says 4:30-7pm Toronto time, and 2:30-5pm Calgary time).

Thanks,
    Frank Pulumbarit

FPConsulting Group

Hi Frank,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

There are lots of timezone-related options that you can set with our Events Calendar.  You have the option to set the timezone per event, so that you can alter the timezone to match the one you are looking for.

Here is some more information about how timezones work with our plugins:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/working-with-timezones/

I hope this helps to clarify things for you!  Please let me know if anything else comes up!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘ICS files and multiple time zones’ is closed to new replies.