ics file warning "Unsafe Attachment"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ics file warning "Unsafe Attachment"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sdmarketing
    Participant

When I have an image in the event and I try to add to calendar it grabs the image as part of the content for the ics file and creates a warning when adding it to the calendar which says that the ics file contains an unsafe attachment/content, which it refers to
    “ATTACH;FMTTYPE=image/jpeg:http://mysite.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/image-name.jpg”.
    Is there way to have the ics not grab the feature image?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question if I can.

Can you provide some more details about what you’re trying to do here?

Are you referring to the ics file that is provided when you click the “Export Events” button on the bottom of the calendar pages?

Regards,
    Sky

sdmarketing
    Participant

I’m referring to the ical buttons in the individual page events. Those create an ics file that contains the feature image. I don’t want the feature image to be part of that ics file. How do I get that so that when people click on the button they wont have a warning as they save the event into their calendar.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I have not heard of warnings being displayed when importing an ics feed. The actual image is not included in the file, just the URL to where the image lives. If you are seeing a warning, it’s likely related to your site not having an SSL certificate.

There is not an easy way to omit this data from the ics file. It could be done with some customization, but this is beyond the scope of what I can help with here.

I would try getting a free SSL certificate for your site so that it can be accessed at “https://”

I’m guessing this would solve your issue. Google is now downranking any sites without SSL, so even if this doesn’t solve your problem, it’s still going to be in your best interests.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘ics file warning "Unsafe Attachment"’ is closed to new replies.