iCal/Google Calendar feed by category

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions iCal/Google Calendar feed by category

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Can I publish an iCal/GCal feed specific to a category?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Joe,

Yes, that is possible. You can display the events in a category in a couple of different ways. And you can import the events that are listed there into iCal/GCal. You can see an example here: http://wpshindig.com/events/category/wordpress-meetups/

Did I answer your question? Do you have any other ones I could assist with?

— Julie

Joe

Thanks, Julie! So just to be clear, if I’m displaying events in that category from, as in your example, “/events/category/wordpress-meetups/” is there a corresponding iCal feed available at something like “/events/category/wordpress-meetups/events.ics”?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi again Joe,

Well, it’s a link to download an .ics file, not a link to a feed. It’s an import feature, not a sync feature. But it will limit the events imported to only those displayed for that category.

Did I answer your question? Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

— Julie

Carlisia Campos

Hi there,

I have a similar question. I see that I can import the displayed events. However, is there a feature to subscribe to the calendar or, even better, to a calendar category? You know, the way one can subscribe to a Google calendar? Thanks.

Carlisia Campos
    Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, Carlisia! We really appreciate the feedback!

Lauren

Is this ability to publish an iCal/GCa calendar feed only available in one of the paid add-ons? I dont see it in the free plugin. Thanks!

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Lauren,

Yes, you are correct. It is a feature of the Events Calendar PRO premium plugin.

And since this topic is getting a little long in the tooth, I’m going to close it out. If anyone has additional questions, please feel free to start a new thread.

— Julie

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal/Google Calendar feed by category’ is closed to new replies.