ICalender feed and categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator ICalender feed and categories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

Hello!

I am wondering if it is possible to have event categories in iCalender feeds that the Aggregator can import into?

I get that at least the RFC mentions a CATEGORIES field, but don’t know if there are any implementations of this.

Would be great to know!

Thanks,

Matthias

Hunter

Matthias,

Welcome back! Forgive me if I’ve misunderstood your question, but when you import events using Events Aggregator, you should be presented the option to assign categories to events. (see screenshot below)

Please let me know if I’ve understood your question correctly and if not, please reply back with more details and I’ll do my best to help. Thanks for choosing PRO and have a good evening!

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

Dear Hunter,

thanks for your reply. I am aware that I can add categories manually. When I use CSV I can have different categories for each event in the CSV file. I am wondering if I can do the same in an iCalendar feed with each VEVENT.

Example:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    VERSION:2.0
    PRODID:-//hacksw/handcal//NONSGML v1.0//EN
    CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    UID:123
    TZID:Europe/Berlin
    DTSTART:20171110T153000Z
    DTEND:20171111T170000Z
    DTSTAMP:20160824T144821Z
    ORGANIZER:someone
    CATEGORIES:some category, some other category
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

Thanks!

Philipp

Hunter

Philipp,

I believe you should be able to include categories using the format you’ve bolded in your response (more info here):

CATEGORIES:category,category2

If you haven’t already tried it, please do so and let me know how it works out for you. Thanks for reaching out and have a great afternoon. Cheers!

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

Dear Hunter,

can confirm that this is not working, tried with http://seerosen.dev.wigwam.im/TagungenV10_modified.ics.

Does the Aggregator support this at all?

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. I attempted to import the .ics file provided and can confirm the categories are not being assigned to imported events. I’ve gone ahead and logged a bug documenting the issue and hopefully we get it included in the next maintenance release. We’ll keep you updated on our Release Notes and in the plugin changelogs.

Thanks again for being so patient while I did more research and testing and please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns in the mean time. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Philipp!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 18 September 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue.

You will now be able to import categories using the VEVENT format.

Learn more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-18-september-2017/

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘ICalender feed and categories’ is closed to new replies.