Icalendar is importing the events and setting the event time incorrectly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Icalendar is importing the events and setting the event time incorrectly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Stanley
    Participant

Using the event aggregator I imported an icalendar and the times are way off. I tested the ics file and imported the calendar to my mac and the times are correct there. I went back into the events calendar and turned on the option to display the time zone and the time zone is correct.

Here is the link to the icalendar:
    http://tms.ezfacility.com/Cal?UID=VJJXKM

Thanks!

Nico

Hi there Stanley,

Glad to help you out on this one as well!

I’m mostly sure you are being affected by a known bug 🙁 Sorry I missed to mention this before.

This is unfortunately affecting lot of folks and fixing this is a priority for our dev team. So hopefully we see this working soon. I’ve added your case to the bug ticket, this way you’ll get notified once the fix is out.

Sorry for the trouble this might cause until fixed,
    Best,
    Nico

Stanley
    Participant

Just checking in and looking for an update. I can’t use this until the import dates are fixed.

Nico

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Stanley
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Stanley. Reason: set private
    Stanley
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that the fix for this issue has been finally pushed to the Event Aggregator server! There’s no need to update the plugins, although I recommend using the latest version of The Events Calendar.

Thanks so much for the patience while we worked on this 🙂

Please let us know if this is working as expected for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Stanley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

John
    Participant

I’m still seeing this behavior with ical imports. The ICS file is coming across UTC time, so the events are displaying 5 hours later than they should be. I’ve tried setting the timezone to both New York and UTC -5. Neither fix the behavior.

Nico

Hi there John,

Thanks for chiming in! Could you please upon up a new thread so someone in the team can help you out directly?

Just to clarify, as the importer UI states: “Events will be imported with the timezone defined by the source. If no time zone is specified, events will be assigned your site’s default timezone (see Settings > General).”.

Thanks,
    Nico

Stanley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Stanley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Icalendar is importing the events and setting the event time incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.