iCalendar Button Does not WORK!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCalendar Button Does not WORK!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    blackswantemple
    Participant

Google
    I keep getting this error message when ever I try to use it! Please HELP!!!

414. That’s an error.
    The requested URL /calendar/event… is too large to process. That’s all we know.

Barry

We have seen reports of this in relation to the Google Calendar button but not the iCal button – and visiting your main events page it seems to work for me. Can you confirm what steps / URL I would need to visit to see this problem?

Thanks!

blackswantemple
    Participant

When I try to add it to my Google Calendar by clicking on the +Google Calendar button from any EVENT page … it gives me the error …
    http://blackswantemple.org/event/world-peace-day/

Barry

Hi blackswantemple – thanks for clarifying 🙂

When I view that link it is indeed uncomfortably long, however this is basically what I see when I inspect it:

http://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&text=World+Peace+Day&dates=20130921T100000/20130921T220000&details=++++++++1+Flares++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Filament.io++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1+Flares++++++++++++%C3%97++++%3Cimg+class%3D%22aligncenter+size-full+wp-image-1032%22+alt%3D%22P1020354%22+src%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fblackswantemple.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F08%2FP10203542.jpg%22+width%3D%223240%22+height%3D%222696%22+%2F%3E%3Cspan+style%3D%22color%3A+%23c0c0c0%3B%22%3EWe+will+be+at+the+World+Beat+Cultural+Center+offering+FREE+group+Sound+Healing+Sessions+in+our+Dome+every+hour+on+the+hour%21+%3C%2Fspan%3E%3Cspan+style%3D%22color%3A+%23c0c0c0%3B%22%3EMore+details+to+come%21%3C%2Fspan%3E%E2%80%A6++++++++1+Flares++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Twitter++++++++++++++++++++++++++++0++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Facebook++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Google+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++0++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Pin+It+Share++++++++++++++++++++++++++++0++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++LinkedIn++++++++++++++++++++++++++++0++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Email++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++StumbleUpon++++++++++++++++++++++++++++0++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Reddit++++++++++++++++++++++++++++0++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Filament.io++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1+Flares++++++++++++%C3%97++++&location=2100+Park+Blvd%2C+San+Diego%2C+CA%2C+92101%2C+United+States&sprop=website:http://blackswantemple.org&trp=false

So there’s a lot of filler in there and, it seems to me, much of it is social media oriented (“++++++StumbleUpon++++++” and “+++++LinkedIn++++++” for instance) and perhaps therefore being injected by your theme or another plugin.

If you have an idea as to what the source is – perhaps a social media plugin that you installed – you could try deactivating it first of all and see if that resolves the problem. If that doesn’t help please run through our complete troubleshooting steps:

* Disable all plugins except for those by Modern Tribe
    * Ensure your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date
    * Switch to a default, unmodified theme like Twenty Twelve
    * Test to see if the problem still persists

Assuming for the moment that solves this problem, please reactivate everything one-at-a-time, testing to see if it has returned: this will, hopefully, let us isolate the cause of this.

Thanks!

blackswantemple
    Participant

this is sounding a little beyond my skills and abilities!
    are you saying that that button is NOT part of Modern Tribe?

blackswantemple
    Participant

okay … I deactivate 1 plug in that seems to have made it work a little better. not getting the ERROR message … but the transfer of information is not very elegant and needs to be edited! is this how it’s supposed to be? I really don’t know what info is supposed to get transferred to GooglCalendar

Barry

Sorry for any confusion!

The button is generated by The Events Calendar, the data it contains may be being altered by another plugin (or your theme), however – based on what you’re saying it sounds like another plugin was indeed having some sort of impact.

but the transfer of information is not very elegant and needs to be edited! is this how it’s supposed to be?

I’m not quite sure what you mean – what are you expecting and what are you seeing?

blackswantemple
    Participant

For example … when I click on the Share to Google Calendar the info that shows up in the “Description Box” is …

Please join us for this fun and empowering 5 day Black Swan Temple Mystery School Training for today’s ancient future mystics! Enter into our mystery school and immerse yourself into a healing spiritual initiation. Facilitated by High Priestess Heather Salmon, Rev. Donald Regalmuto and clergy of the Black Swan Temple* Psychic development training* Black Swan Reiki Initiations Levels 1 & 2<span style…

I guess that it's trying to read the photos and so translating it as code. I guess that I was hoping for a something a little more efficient as if I were to save a GooglePLUS Event to my calendar it is much nicer … with a photo showing up and a simple link referring you back to the event!

blackswantemple
    Participant

ACTUALLY … I was getting a lot more CODE in the Description Box that is NOT showing up in my last comment.

Barry

Yep unfortunately the forum simply doesn’t do a great job when it comes to accommodating code – sharing it via Pastebin, Gist or a similar service is preferable for the time being 🙂

So with that being the case, what if in addition to whichever plugin you disabled to resolve the initial issue you disable everything except your Modern Tribe plugins and at the same time switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve – does that remove the extra code?

blackswantemple
    Participant

I’m not prepared to do all of that as I have no idea what removing my Theme is going to do. I’m in the middle of promotions and don’t have the time or energy to do that. I’m not an expert in these areas! Very much a lay person! I simply deactivated the FLARE plug in as I was seeing FLARE in the code.

FYI – it seems that Eventbrite is able to beautifully integrate with Google Calendar.

blackswantemple
    Participant

Thanks for your help and ideas! 🙂

Barry

No problem at all, I can appreciate it might be disruptive if you don’t have a test site to work on.

Looking at our test site though – which is fairly minimal in terms of the theme (it’s heavily based on one of the default themes) and additional plugins – the output of that button seems pretty clean by comparison so, if this does turn into something you want to address at some future point I suspect investigating the possibility of a theme/plugin conflict is the right course of action.

But for now it sounds like you’re happy with things as they are – which is great – so I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘iCalendar Button Does not WORK!’ is closed to new replies.