ICal text encoding

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ICal text encoding

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    paussus
    Participant

Hi,
    today I encountered a couple of problems with the ICal feed of the events.
    The minor one was that according to http://severinghaus.org/projects/icv/ the ics file should use \r\n terminators instead of only \n (before it was fixed it said in which rfc it was specified). This didn’t cause any issues, but I thought I should report it.
    The other one was that when importing the feed into google calendar, characters with accents were not properly decoded. The generated ics file is fine, the problem is the announced charset from the server. I tried to change the announced encoding to UTF-8 using .htaccess to no avail. Later I saw that in the code there is the line
    header( ‘Content-type: text/calendar’ );
    and I read that if no charset is specified it defaults to iso-8859-1. So I changed the previous line to
    header( ‘Content-type: text/calendar; charset=UTF-8’ );
    and now google shows the correct characters.
    I have solved both issues myself, but it will break future updates, so will you include them in future releases?
    Thanks
    Pau

Barry

Hi Pau,

Thanks so much for investigating and posting this fix – I’m going to pass it on to our developers to assess and, ideally, include in the next version.

Because we are so close to releasing 3.0 (and are now in feature freeze) it may unfortunately be the subsequent release that incorporates this, but we’ll see what we can do – and thanks once again 🙂

paussus
    Participant

You are welcome.
    Pau

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘ICal text encoding’ is closed to new replies.