iCal Support

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hey Team!
    We are struggling to figure this out. Basically I am taking my URL: https://www.gracestl.org/events/category/grace-kids/?ical=all
    and placing it inside of my app. But for some reason my time zone is off by 2 hours. I contacted my app provider and they said that this plugin is missing these data points….

BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
    TZID:America/Chicago
    X-LIC-LOCATION:America/Chicago
    BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
    TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
    TZOFFSETTO:-0300

Do you guys have any knowledge of this? I am sure someone is on staff since it is an iCal thing.
    Any help would be so much appreciated. We are so close to finishing this project out, and would love to see it come together.
    Thanks,
    Rob

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Rob,

I’m sorry you are having this issue with the timezones and the iCal export.

Please give me some time to get in touch with the devs to see what we can do about this. I ask for a bit of patience.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Rob,

Thanks for hanging in there!

I tested your link and imported it on a local site which had the timezone set to Chicago. In this case the events imported with the right timings.

When I set the site to a different timezone (UTC), then the times of the events were different, but in a good way, meaning that the times were shown in local (UTC) time (e.g. GraceKids Ministry on Oct 15th at 11pm) which is the equivalent of current Chicago 6pm.

So the way I see it, the iCal export is working fine.

What is the timezone the app is using? Could that be the issue? Or the phone timezone?

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Support’ is closed to new replies.