iCal subscription feed not loading new events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal subscription feed not loading new events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Our Events Calendar PRO is no longer publishing new events to the subscription feed beyond a date of July 23, 2018. There are numerous events beyond July 23rd that appear on calendar itself, but not to subscribers’ calendars like Google Calendar and Apple Calendar. We are using The Events Calendar version 4.6.20.1 and The Events Calendar PRO version 4.4.29.2.

The feed URL we use for subscribing to the calendar is webcal://folsomsoccerclub.org/event/?ical=1&year-feed=1

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

I tried to import events from your calendar and I could only import 2 events, the last one being on July 23rd.

I noticed you have an old version of PHP. Could you update PHP from 5.3.3 to 5.6.x or 7.x? (recently, we changed our minimum required PHP version to 5.6). I also noticed you don’t have the latest version of WordPress: could you update it to 4.9.7?

Doing those updates might solve this issue.

Please let me know how it goes,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Michael
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy. I’ve updated to WP 4.9.7, but my host says they won’t upgrade our PHP on the shared plan. I’ll have to upgrade to a dedicated hosting plan. I’ve been looking at switching hosting providers, so maybe that’s what we’ll need to do.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Really, you can’t upgrade your PHP version with this web host? That’s a bit annoying because your PHP version is from July 2010… it’s 8 years old! I can’t guarantee your problem will be fixed by upgrading your PHP version, but it can’t be a bad thing to be up-to-date with PHP (for different reasons: performance, security, etc.).

Please keep me informed of the situation.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Michael
    Participant

Yeah, I requested an upgrade a while ago and this is the response I got…

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I’m sorry to learn you are stuck with your PHP version.

Could you try to set up a clone of your website in a local installation, using MAMP (if you have a Mac) or WAMP (if you have a PC)?

That way, you could test your website on a more recent version of PHP and you will now if the problem comes from your web hosting or not.

Please let me know how it goes,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal subscription feed not loading new events’ is closed to new replies.