iCal single event import file creates new calendar- Same Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal single event import file creates new calendar- Same Issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Crystal
    Participant

Hello,

I am having the same issue as this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ical-single-event-import-file-creates-new-calendar/

However, I followed the fix and am now receiving the attached error. Can you please help me resolve this?

Thank you,
    Crystal

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for using our plugins, I’m happy to help! 🙂 In order to help, I’ll need a bit more information from you, if you don’t mind:

You mention that you’re having a similar issue to the thread listed above. Could you possibly write out exact steps for replication, just for clarity’s sake so that I can be sure my testing mirrors the process that produces this error? This would help a lot to determine whether we need to look into your specific configuration, or if this is a possible bug.

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Crystal
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Yes of course I can!

Previously before I put in the code from the article in the functions.php file:
    1. find an event on the events page.
    2. click the “ical” link to download.
    3. Open the downloaded file in Outlook.
    4. Rather than asking you which calendar you would like to put the event on it creates a new calendar for you. I am wanting to avoid this.

After I put in the code I received the error in the previously attached screenshot.

Thank you,
    Crystal

Shelby
    Participant

Hey again Crystal,

So just some clarification here to aid the troubleshooting process:

1. Are you using Barry’s code or Andy’s code in the thread you referenced?
    2. What version of Outlook are you using?
    3. When did this issue start happening?

Thanks!

Shelby 🙂

Crystal
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

I used Barry’s code.

I am using the latest version of outlook.

This issue has been happening ever since I installed the Events Calendar plugin. However, the error message started a few days ago. Right after I put in Barry’s code.

Thanks,
    Crystal

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Crystal,

Did you use Barry’s code as-is or fill in the snippet with your variables? That snippet wasn’t intended for as-is use, but I’m also curious about why this issue exists in the first place and I may be logging this as a bug. I’m going to do some further testing for this. If you could provide me with a specific Outlook version number, that would be really helpful.

In the meantime, I’d suggest removing Barry’s code, so that your users can download the event without receiving the error message.

Thanks,

Shelby 🙂

Crystal
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

I used the code as-is. I’m sorry I didn’t realize that it needed to be modified. However, I went back to my functions.php file to remove the snippet of code that I placed at the bottom of the file and it isn’t there for some reason. I am though still getting the error message.

He is using Microsoft 2010 with outlook. Sorry my client told me it was the latest version.

Do you have anything I can do to locate the code since it is no longer in my functions file?

Thank you,
    Crystal

Shelby
    Participant

Crystal,

It sounds like the latest update has overwritten your modifications perhaps? The error may be occurring as an unrelated issue. Can you possibly send me a link to your site where I can test this and interact with the problem firsthand? That would help a TON.

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Crystal
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal single event import file creates new calendar- Same Issue’ is closed to new replies.