iCal Refund

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Refund

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Steve Guy
    Participant

Back in August I renewed my iCal Importer plugin. I see now that it is being discontinued, and that the aggregator plugin is replacing it. I also see that you have given me access to the aggregator and we’ve been told to migrate to the aggregator (way from iCal importer).

My question is, will we be offered a refund for the price difference? ($369 vs. $89). Had I known it was going to be discontinued, I would have just waited for the aggregator. If the iCal importer is no longer being supported and recommended to switch I would think it is only fair you refund our money.

Secondly, i see that the aggregator is only could for 10 sites, how does this work with multi-sites? I am not worried about the amount of daily imports, as we would never exceed the 100 a day.

Geoff B.

Good evening Steve and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I totally see your point provided the specific situation you are in (using the iCal importer’s unlimited license on a multisite install vs the possibilities with Event Aggregator).

I would like to run this by the team in charge of Event Aggregator.
    I thank you in an advance for your patience while I do that for you.

Secondly, i see that the aggregator is only good for 10 sites, how does this work with multi-sites? I am not worried about the amount of daily imports, as we would never exceed the 100 a day.

To be better able to counsel you on this part of the equation, could you give me and idea of how many sites would you require Event Aggregator for on this multi-site install ?

Also, when you say that daily imports would not exceed 100 a day, do you mean by sub-site on the multi-site install or globally ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Steve Guy
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the response and looking into this for me.

We have a School District website/calendar that needs to export its calendar to a multi-site network that houses each school (30 schools). We had hoped to run the import weekly, with maybe 1 or 2 events being imported at a time.

This same calendar also needs to be exported to 2 internal websites at the district in the same manner. So based on this I would need to purchase the license 4 times? Is the aggregator expected to have a multi-site license like all of your other products in the near future?

I might need further clarity on what the end goal of the iCal Importer is? From what I can see the aggregator is essentially the same thing but better, so how long is the iCal importer expected to stick around? I see when viewing your products it is not available anymore. I would hate to invest more of my time with the iCal importer and getting it setup for the schools to simply become outdated and then need to switch later.

I had just spent almost $400 to renew this licence (multisite) so it would work for our client. It is great you are willing to offer a year free, but that does not make up for the fact I will need to purchase the license 4 times. I feel like I’m still out money and don’t think it is fair that I am now expected to spend more money. I’m not looking for a full refund, just looking for you guys to make this right.

Steve Guy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Steve Guy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Steve,

I am glad we have found a fair solution to your issue.
    I totally understand where you are coming from and please know we did not intend the experience to be unpleasant for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

As for a multi-site license for Event Aggregator, it is too early to say.
    I guess it will depend on the need (popular demand) for it.

With that in mind, we are definitely keeping an ear to the ground to make sure we can answer our customers needs while streamlining our product line to make things as simple as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and you should find your additional licenses in your account.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Refund’ is closed to new replies.