ICAL Plugin was working until I installed Tribe Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator ICAL Plugin was working until I installed Tribe Pro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brandon Stiner
    Participant

I purchased and installed ICAL plugin worked until I noticed it would not bring over reoccurring events. I deleted all 25 events.
    Then I purchased PRO (which includes reoccurring function), I went back and re-run ICAL importer… here’s the error message: Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Brandon,

Good question. We are thinking of adding a manager for delete iCal events. Technically when you delete them it does not remove all trace of them. Many people who delete the event on their calendar do not wish for it to reappear next time the import runs. But some folks, like you, want exactly that to happen…

If you inset this script into your functions.php file it will permanently delete any iCal event you trashed. Visit any admin page, wait for it to load, then you can delete this script from your functions file.

/*
    * Deletes the saved copy of "deleted" events generated by iCal Importer
    * This allows you to re-import events. The script deletes 50 instances per page load
    */
    $posts = get_posts( array( 'numberposts' => 50, 'post_type' =>'deleted_event') );
    if (!empty($posts)) {
    foreach ($posts as $post) {
    wp_delete_post( $post->ID, true);
    }
    } else {
    echo 'Done deleting!';
    }

With that done you should now be seeing all of the events available when you try to reimport.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Brandon,

I must apologize, I had not given that snippet I shared a whirl before sharing it. I just tried it myself and it was not working amazing for me. I am wondering if that is the problem here.

I have a different snippet that does the same thing, and I wrote this one myself! Just tested it again, on your iCal feed, and it seems to be working great. Do you feel comfortable running SQL queries, perhaps from PHPMyAdmin? If so:

https://gist.github.com/elimn/2375dcd3e5ee4bcbf1ed86f5cbdb4620

If that doesn’t work for you let me know and we’ll find an alternative. I just got some great news about this, likely in v4.1.2 of our iCal importer we will release a fancy button you can click to do all this for you. Until then, what do you think of trying the above?

Cheers!

– Brook

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Good morning!
    I asked our IT guy to run the SQL code.
    A, B, C, D doesn’t work. The IT guy thinks line 14 is missing something.
    It will not run, because abcd is not right.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Brandon,

Sorry this has been such a pain! I don’t think that’s it, line 14 is pretty straightforward. It’s just deleting ABCD, which the rest of the script defines. It is also running greatin our tests. I could see it being something else though, like perhaps a nonstandard table prefix (something other than wp_ ) or similar.

Regardless I think we can make this simpler for you and cutout the SQL guy. If you install this plugin and use it to delete the ‘deleted_event’ Custom Post Type then it will do the same as the above, all without needing to run a SQL query. I don’t like having folks install extra plugins if you don’t usually need them, but in this case you can delete it as soon as you’re done with it. Does that sound like a good option?

• Brook
    Brook
    Participant

Howdy Brandon,

Sorry this has been such a pain! I don’t think that’s it, line 14 is pretty straightforward. It’s just deleting ABCD, which the rest of the script defines. It is also running greatin our tests. I could see it being something else though, like perhaps a nonstandard table prefix (something other than wp_ ) or similar.

Regardless I think we can make this simpler for you and cutout the SQL guy. If you install this plugin and use it to delete the ‘deleted_event’ Custom Post Type then it will do the same as the above, all without needing to run a SQL query. I don’t like having folks install extra plugins if you don’t usually need them, but in this case you can delete it as soon as you’re done with it. Does that sound like a good option?

• Brook
    Brandon Stiner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

I am sorry that was such a pain, but glad it was few enough events you could manually reimport them. I just issues a refund for the iCal importer, you should see the funds back in your account as soon as your financial institution processes them, which usually takes a few days.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘ICAL Plugin was working until I installed Tribe Pro’ is closed to new replies.