iCal not importing correctly into Outlook: how do I access the .ics generating c

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal not importing correctly into Outlook: how do I access the .ics generating c

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Hi,
    when a user clicks on the iCal button and is prompted to open or save the iCal-TribeEvents.ics, it actually adds a new Calendar to the Outlook Calendar under Other Calendars rather than a single event.

The event shows up properly in the calendar that gets added, but if the user adds another event, it adds an entirely new calendar.

The Google Calendar button works fine. And I get the same issue if I switch the theme to Twenty Eleven.

>>>I took the downloaded .ics file generated by The Events Calendar, and removed “X-WR-CALNAME:” line, and this fixes the problem and allows the saved .ics file to save as a single event rather than a whole calendar. How do I access the code that generates the .ics files???

thanks

Rob

Hey Brian. This is a good question; I’m not sure the answer off-hand but let me get our developer Jonah to take a look.

Marc
    Participant

Same happens to me. Using version downloaded today 1/21/2012. ical adds a whole new calender to outlook 2010.

Rob

Hey Marc: are you saying that the iCal link from within a specific event is doing this, or the broader iCal link that appears in grid view? If the latter, that’s the intended behavior…and I was unable to recreate the former. Any chance you can share your site or some specific instructions to recreate so I can give it a go? Thanks in advance.

Marc
    Participant

Hi Rob:

Yes – When you click on the “ical import” button shown on the screen for a single event. It then creates a full calender in addition to the one you already have. I am using Outlook 2010 Windows Vers. (Maybe that’s it).

I responded to the confirmation email with login to my site if you want to test. (was that the best way to get it to you?)

Marc

Andrzej

Hey Brian, you can find this in events-calendar-pro.php, line 255:
    //$content .= “X-WR-CALNAME:” . $blogName . “\n”;

Had same problem.

Regards

Rob

Thanks Marc. I didn’t see your email; if this is still an issue after giving Andrzej’s suggestion a shot, can you resend to rob at tri.be (with a link to this thread so I have a frame of reference jumping into it)?

Marc
    Participant

Resent to your address.
    Marc

Rob

Thanks Marc. Since we’ve had a few emails/forums going back and forth; are we still looking into this one, or has it been resolved? I still have your email but just want to confirm this is still a problem before jumping back into it 🙂

Marc
    Participant

Hi Rob:

I saw Adrzej’s response to Brian above and located the similar code in line 269 of my file. I am just not smart enough to know what to do with it now that I found it.

LINE 269
    $content .= “X-WR-CALNAME:” . $blogName . “\n”;

Marc

Seth
    Participant

I also comment out that line in my setup so that it only adds a single event rather than a whole new calendar.

I think it would be good to add this as an option in the ECP settings page.

Rob

Not a prob, Marc – I think I know what to do with it but since I’m not positive (and don’t want to send you down the wrong path), let me get Jonah to take a look and confirm directly when he hits the forum today.

Marc
    Participant

Installed and activated 2.1 just now.

The ical import I get when I click on the “ical button’ that appears on a single event creates a new calendar along with the event appearing in that new calendar.Same as in 2.03.

So then I applied Andzrej’s suggestion in the Forum to version 2.03 and commented out this line in the main.php file:
    /* $content .= “X-WR-CALNAME:” . $blogName . “\n”; */
    (it was line 269 in my install).

That worked and it only imported the 1-hour event to an existing calendar as expected. Will test 2.1 as well.

Marc

Rob

Sounds good. If anyone else is having issues and wants to give the newer code a shot too, do let me know.

Marcy
    Participant

We are having a different ical import issue…when you click on the button on our site (http://pagosasprings.com/events/) we receive the following error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 68157440) (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/pagosasp/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 570

We have plenty of memory on the site, so not sure why we are getting this error. Anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal not importing correctly into Outlook: how do I access the .ics generating c’ is closed to new replies.