iCal not importing ALL events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal not importing ALL events

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jadecreative.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jadecreative
    Participant

Hi all, we have an issue where events have been importing for some time now but we have just recently noticed that not ALL events are pulled through via the feed. Events are added to a google calendar > then importer into the site calendar.

Events are added to google the same way each time. Example, an event was added across the dates 8-11 of April but only the dates 8-10 came through.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Furthermore, when an event is removed from the google calendar/feed, it is not removed from the site calendar. Any thoughts on that?

The Events Calendar version: 4.0.5
    The Events Calendar: iCal Importer version: 4.0.2

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re having this difficulty.

I see you’re using iCal Importer (legacy) instead of our Event Aggregator (EA) service.

Also, your license for iCal Importer expired August 2016. If you would have had an active license at the time of our releasing EA, you would have been given a license for it through your expiration date.

At this point, you’ll need to buy an Event Aggregator license and use that instead of the legacy/old/unsupported iCal Importer plugin that you previously purchased before we could provide support for this specific issue.

There are several moving pieces just in the example you gave (e.g. what the event’s timezone is and what the WP site’s timezone is) so we would need to troubleshoot your specific situation.

If you do choose to buy EA, please follow these steps: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-aggregator/

If the issue persists in EA as well, please update this ticket with a link to the Google Calendar iCal URL and a fresh copy of your System Information Report.

Thank you!

jadecreative
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for this, before I consider purchasing anything else I’d like to know if it will solve my issue. I’m sure you can understand my position, I don’t see the point in purchasing something that doesn’t solve my needs. Otherwise I’m better off moving to a different plugin that doesn’t have this import issue + removes deleted events from the site calendar.

Thanks, Patrick.

Cliff

If you provide me the Google Calendar iCal URL and the name of the event to look for, I can try a test import for you…

jadecreative
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

jadecreative
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Good to hear!

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17696905-event-aggregator-to-remove-deleted-events-during-i

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Thank you.

jadecreative
    Participant

Thanks Cliff,

I really appreciate your support and unfortunately for us the event delete feature is a deal breaker sorry. Events change all the time for our clients so having to delete from two locations won’t suit them. Sorry to waste your time. Thanks!

Cliff

No worries at all; that’s what we’re here for.

I guess I’m glad we were at least really close. 🙂 I’d suggest still voting for that feature, though.

Have a great week.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal not importing ALL events’ is closed to new replies.