iCal invalid character encoding

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal invalid character encoding

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Your iCal exporter doesn’t seem to handle character encoding.

The error I came across was that I had an Organizer with a hyphen in the name. When I exported an iCal file that contained that event, it would not validate/import on tools like Google Calendar. I didn’t try any other special characters, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there are issues with other special characters.

Barry

Hi Kevin,

Can you point me to a live example of a problematic event?

On creating a test event with special characters in the title (“Super duper > strange ɶ chars”) and assigned to an organizer with a hyphenated name I found it was imported as expected.

You’re clearly experiencing something other than that, though, so it would be awesome to see this in action.

Thanks!

cybersc1
    Participant

I can as I am having the same problem:
    http://www.2brosandhoes.com/events/

Barry

Hi: I’m very sorry we missed these follow up questions. That was, unfortunately, due to a bug in our forum software (which only notified us of updates when the original poster added a new reply). Owing to the amount of time that’s elapsed I will now close this thread and I’d ask that if you still need help you create a fresh thread: one of the team will then be only too happy to assist 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal invalid character encoding’ is closed to new replies.