iCal Importer Sync With Other Sites

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer Sync With Other Sites

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Trey Gallant
    Participant

Hey,

Can I get Ryan’s assistance with a question regarding iCal Importer.

Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Trey!

I might not be named Ryan but I would love to help you. We do not actually have a Ryan on this team, there are two in other parts of Tribe but neither of them are super familiar with newer versions of The Events Calendar. Are you sure it’s Ryan you’re looking for?

Regarding syncing two sites using the iCal importer, a surprising amount of people have been doing that. We actually have a plugin to make it faster and easier to export the events another site would be interested: tribe-snippet-ical-export-2016-07-07

That said it’s not a perfect syncing solution. iCal does not indicate if an event has been deleted, so if you delete an event on your main site any site that imports form it will still have that event. You will have to delete on the others. That’s the main drawback.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Trey Gallant
    Participant

Brook,

Thanks so much for reaching out. Yeah, I was in a pre-sales thread with Ryan and he asked me to start a new thread and request him. I guess I needed to do that through pre-sales. But you may definitely be able to help! Will this snippet export plugin export new events that are created on the main site to the other sites automatically? And if an event is updated on the main site, will it change it for the other? I’m not 100% sure our client will be deleting events, but adding them and editing them will more than likely happen.

Thanks!

Trey Gallant
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Trey Gallant
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer Sync With Other Sites’ is closed to new replies.