iCal Importer not able to import from Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer not able to import from Google Calendar

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ted
    Participant

I’ve just purchased this and tried to set up an import of my google calendar. Whether I choose to pull direct from google or to save it as a file and import it one time as a file, it fails with:

“The server responded with a malformed response. Please see the JS console for more information.”

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ted,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Would you mind sending a link to the iCal feed that you’re using so we can do some further tests here?

Thanks!

Ted
    Participant

Josh, Sure thing … listed below:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/aogden%40stann.org/public/basic.ics

Also, it is worth noting that I tried the test iCal link you proposed for David in a similiar thread (http://wpshindig.com/events/?ical) and that worked.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ted,

Thanks for providing that link!

I tried accessing the link directly, which should force a download of the “.ics” file. However, it looks like Google itself is showing a feed processing error for that particular link. How did you go about getting that link for your calendar?

Thanks!

Ted
    Participant

Josh, My apologies, I suspect that the calendar has not been made public. Can I send the ics file to you directly (not sure I want to post the private address on the thread).

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ted,

Sure thing, you can attach the .ics file here as a private reply.

Thanks!

Ted
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Ted
    Participant

Josh, The first records are showing up (after significant amount of time processing). The date filter is not working and it seems to break every time I try to get to the 2nd or 3rd page of entries. Is the file simply too large? Is there a way to get rid of all of the entries prior to 5/21/16? The file was exported from our church gmail calendar.

Thanks!
    Ted

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ted,

Could definitely be a resource issue here due to the massive size of the file. I was testing on my local install and it did take a while to process. However, I don’t have any resource limitations set locally so it was able to take a long time with stalling out like it may in a live environment.

You could try a bit of a workaround when generating the calendar feed to limit how far into the future you’re trying to import http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/81362/how-to-export-a-date-range-in-calendar. May not be ideal but limiting to a couple of months worth of events rather than a few years may allow the import to work properly and show more likely that the holdup was the file size.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer not able to import from Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.